1. A federally chartered savings bank.
4. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
8. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
12. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
16. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
17. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
18. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
19. A person who makes use of a thing.
20. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
21. Prolific Spanish playwright (1562-1635).
22. A vigorous blow.
23. The elapsed time it takes for a signal to travel from Earth to a spacecraft (or other body) and back to the starting point.
24. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
26. A member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India.
29. Pertaining to dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit.
32. An island in the Indian Ocean off the southeastern coast of India.
34. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
37. The time during which someone's life continues.
40. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
41. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
44. An associate degree in nursing.
45. A Mid-Atlantic state.
46. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
47. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (trade names Advil and Motrin and Nuprin) used to relieve the pain of arthritis and as an analgesic and antipyretic.
49. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
52. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
54. The capital and largest city of Kenya.
56. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
57. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
58. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
59. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
61. A small lake.
63. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. A member of the people inhabiting the Aleutian Islands and western Alaska.
68. A bachelor's degree in library science.
71. Suggestive of the supernatural.
72. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
73. Advanced in years.
74. Norse chieftan who became the first duke of Normandy (860-931).
76. A city in northern India.
77. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
78. A quick look.
82. The sixth month of the civil year.
85. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
89. Freetail bats.
92. American silversmith remembered for his midnight ride (celebrated in a poem by Longfellow) to warn the colonists in Lexington and Concord that British troops were coming (1735-1818).
93. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
94. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
95. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
97. A measured portion of medicine taken at any one time.
99. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
100. The region of the shore of a lake or sea or ocean.
101. In or of the present month.
102. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
1. Loose or flaccid body fat.
2. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
3. A city in western India just off the coast of the Arabian Sea.
4. The herpes virus that causes infectious mononucleosis.
5. Make more intense, stronger, or more marked.
6. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
7. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
8. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
9. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
10. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
11. 10 grams.
12. Essential equal to suborder Myomorpha with the Dipodidae excluded.
13. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
14. Occupied or in the control of.
15. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
25. Oblong cream puff.
27. Old World nocturnal canine mammal closely related to the dog.
28. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
30. A very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal).
31. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
33. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
35. Speak unfavorably about.
36. One who anoints as a religious ceremony.
38. A Russian river.
39. The imperial authority symbolized by a scepter.
42. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
43. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
48. Capable of being done with means at hand and circumstances as they are.
50. Greek mythology.
51. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
53. A seat for one person, with a support for the back.
55. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
60. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
62. A short introductory essay preceding the text of a book.
64. The capital of Eritrea.
66. A projecting ridge on a mountain or submerged under water.
67. Sideboard with compartments for holding bottles.
69. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
70. Of or relating to or characteristic of Uganda or its people.
71. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
75. A female ogre.
79. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
80. Any of several short-billed Old World rails.
81. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
83. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
84. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
86. An unofficial association of people or groups.
87. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
88. A river in southwestern England rising in Gloucestershire and flowing through Bristol to empty into the estuary of the Severn.
90. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
91. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
96. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
98. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.