1. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
5. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
9. Any of several white wines from the Rhine River valley in Germany (`hock' is British usage).
13. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
16. Tropical Asian starlings.
17. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
18. A Loloish language.
19. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
20. The holy city of Shiite Muslims.
21. Adorned by inlays.
23. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
24. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
25. Lessen the density or solidity (of a substance).
27. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
28. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
29. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
32. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
33. Being nine more than ninety.
34. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
36. An associate degree in applied science.
37. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
40. Highly excited.
44. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
47. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
48. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head.
49. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
51. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
54. In the Roman calendar.
55. United States golfer (born in 1939).
56. The ninth month of the Moslem calendar.
58. A small carriage in which a baby or child is pushed around.
59. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
62. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
63. (informal) Of the highest quality.
64. The basic unit of money in Peru.
65. A large fleet.
66. A compound that exists in forms having different arrangements of atoms but the same molecular weight.
68. The most northwestern Hawaiian island (beyond Kauai).
70. A light touch or stroke.
71. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
72. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
73. Bright and pleasant.
74. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
76. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
78. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
83. A boy or man.
85. Being one more than two.
86. Type genus of the Otariidae.
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. Of or relating to or characteristic of Genoa or its inhabitants.
95. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
96. A slab of stone or wood suitable for bearing an inscription.
99. Informal terms for journalists.
100. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
101. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
102. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
104. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
105. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
106. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
107. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
108. Having leadership guidance.
1. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
2. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
3. (Babylonian) Father of the gods.
4. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. Dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head).
9. Tropical and subtropical marine and freshwater fishes having an elongated body and long protruding lower jaw.
10. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
11. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
12. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
13. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
14. A game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards.
15. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
22. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
26. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
28. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
30. A state in midwestern United States.
31. Tropical American feather palm having a swollen spiny trunk and edible nuts.
35. Type genus of the Saturniidae.
38. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
39. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
41. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
42. Trees and shrubs having berries or drupes or capsules as fruits.
43. Any plant of the genus Gesneria.
45. Accumulation in the blood of nitrogen-bearing waste products (urea) that are usually excreted in the urine.
46. 1 species of terrestrial ferns of New Zealand.
50. An absence of emotion or enthusiasm.
52. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
53. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
57. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
60. A small cake leavened with yeast.
61. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
67. The right to buy or sell property at an agreed price.
69. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
75. Type genus of the Blattidae.
77. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
79. In a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child.
80. Characteristic of or relating to winter.
81. Any plant of the genus Erica.
82. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
83. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
84. 1/10 gram.
87. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
88. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
89. An associate degree in nursing.
90. Divulge information or secrets.
92. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
93. The general activity of selling.
94. A town in north central Oklahoma.
97. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
98. The bill in a restaurant.
103. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.