1. Scottish writer of rustic verse (1770-1835).
5. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
9. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
13. Inquire about.
16. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
17. The act of rising upward into the air.
18. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. A Hindu theistic philosophy.
21. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
22. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
23. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
24. A meeting of spiritualists.
26. Small tropical shrubby tree bearing small yellowish fruit.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
31. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
33. A violin made by Antonio Stradivari or a member of his family.
36. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
39. A small constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near the Southern Cross and Chamaeleon.
43. Become ground down or deteriorate.
44. A city of east central Mexico (west of Veracruz).
48. A fraudulent business scheme.
49. An engineering university in Cambridge.
51. A flexible container with a single opening.
52. Stalk of a moss capsule.
53. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
55. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
57. Pertaining to one of the small sacs (as in a compound gland).
58. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
60. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
62. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
63. Preceding all others in time or being as first made or performed.
64. A small cake leavened with yeast.
65. A score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely.
66. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
67. Type genus of the Ranidae.
70. Of or related to the pain of angina pectoris.
74. (plural) Hosts or armies.
76. Not plain.
78. A small vascular growth on the surface of a mucous membrane.
81. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
83. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
87. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
88. Hang loosely or laxly.
90. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
93. An elementary particle with a negative charge and a half-life of 2 microsecond.
94. (computer science) Memory whose contents can be accessed and read but cannot be changed.
95. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
96. Rounded like an egg.
97. Extremely robust.
98. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
99. A subdivision of a larger religious group.
100. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
101. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
1. United States lawyer and politician who formulated a production code that prescribed the moral content of United states films from 1930 to 1966 (1879-1954).
2. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
3. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
4. The father of your father or mother.
5. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
6. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
7. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
8. (informal) Exceptionally good.
9. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
10. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
11. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
12. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. God of love and erotic desire.
25. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
27. French painter in the classical style (1594-1665).
29. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
30. Like or characteristic of or befitting a sister.
32. Before noon.
34. A fast sailboat with 3 parallel hulls.
35. Turning about an axis.
37. Tropical Asian starlings.
38. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
40. An outline or synopsis of a play.
41. A device that launches aircraft from a warship.
42. Seed of amaranth plants used as a native cereal in Central and South America.
45. A port city in southwestern Iran.
46. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
47. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
50. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
54. Increase in size, volume or significance.
56. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
59. Being one more than one hundred.
61. Lower in esteem.
68. In bed.
69. (Babylonian) Consort of Nabu.
70. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
71. A port and tourist center in southwestern Italy.
72. Of or related to a musical scale.
73. A small hole (usually round and finished around the edges) in cloth or leather for the passage of a cord.
74. A small piece of cloth.
75. A public promotion of some product or service.
77. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
79. A slender double-reed instrument.
80. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
82. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
83. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
84. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
85. A fabric made from the hair of sheep.
86. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
89. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
91. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
92. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.