1. Apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses.
4. Type genus of the Aphididae.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
13. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
16. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
17. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
18. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
20. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
21. Capital of modern Macedonia.
23. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
25. Ice cream served with a topping.
27. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
29. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
30. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
31. An imperfection in a device or machine.
32. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
34. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
36. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
38. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
42. A bachelor's degree in science.
44. A diuretic (trade name Osmitrol) used to promote the excretion of urine.
48. (computer science) A unit for measuring the execution speed of computers.
49. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
51. Grass of freshwater swamps and salt marshes of Europe, Africa, America, and South Atlantic islands.
52. Clean or orderly.
53. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
54. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
55. One million periods per second.
56. A unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit at one atmosphere pressure.
57. Step on it.
59. Fruit consisting of many individual small fruits or drupes derived from separate ovaries within a common receptacle.
63. Covered with paving material.
66. Meat from a calf.
67. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
68. By bad luck.
72. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
75. 100 aurar equal 1 krona.
76. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
79. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
81. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
85. Any orchid of the genus Aerides.
87. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
91. A branch of the Tai languages.
92. Excellent and delightful in all respects.
95. A master's degree in business.
96. A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments).
97. Remove from memory or existence.
99. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
100. Tag the base runner to get him out.
101. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
102. Capital of the state of Oregon in the northwestern part of the state on the Willamette River.
103. Being of delicate or slender build.
104. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
2. The capital and largest city of South Korea.
3. Inflammation of the hands and feet caused by exposure to cold and moisture.
4. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
5. A Chinese breed of small short-legged dogs with a long silky coat and broad flat muzzle.
6. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
7. Urge or force (a person) to an action.
8. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
9. Chief port of Yemen.
10. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
11. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
12. The cry made by sheep.
13. A carriage consisting of two wheels and calash top.
14. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
15. A blue dyestuff obtained from the woad plant.
22. English classical scholar noted for his translations of Plato and Aristotle (1817-1893).
24. Wish harm upon.
26. A small contrasting part of something.
28. A city in northeastern Ohio.
33. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (20,870 feet high).
35. The total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor.
37. Tuberous or rhizomatous herbaceous perennials.
39. Having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly.
40. Pertaining to or involving or having the nature of space.
41. The wide part of a river where it nears the sea.
43. Relating to human society and its members.
45. A painful and involuntary muscular contraction.
46. The mother of Jesus.
47. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
50. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
58. A bachelor's degree in religion.
60. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
61. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
62. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
64. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
65. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
69. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
70. Being one more than two.
71. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
73. A large number or amount.
74. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
77. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
78. A cellar or vault or underground burial chamber (especially beneath a church).
80. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
82. A genus of Lamnidae.
83. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
84. Jordan's port.
86. A genus of Mustelidae.
88. Weapons considered collectively.
89. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
90. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
93. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
94. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
98. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.