1. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
4. A representation of the Virgin Mary mourning over the dead body of Jesus.
9. German musician who developed a system for teaching music to children (1895-1982).
13. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
16. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
17. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
18. Be teeming, be abuzz.
19. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
20. Romanian violinist and composer (1881-1955).
22. Type genus of the Cynipidae.
25. A fabric with prominent rounded crosswise ribs.
26. Antacid (trade name Prilosec) that suppresses acid secretion in the stomach.
28. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
29. River boat with a shallow draught and a keel but no sails.
31. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
32. Late time of life.
35. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
38. Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so.
43. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
44. Not easy.
48. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
49. A town on Long Island in New York.
50. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
52. A state in midwestern United States.
53. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
54. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
57. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
58. Devoid of warmth and cordiality.
59. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
63. A fraudulent business scheme.
65. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
68. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
69. Small depression under the shoulder joint where the arm joins the shoulder.
70. A device that, on receiving radar signals, transmits coded signals in response to help navigators determine their position.
73. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
76. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
77. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
81. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
82. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
86. A city in central New York.
87. Type genus of the Anatidae.
91. Greenish-yellow pear.
92. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
93. A person who possesses great material wealth.
95. Water frozen in the solid state.
96. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
97. Common Indian weaverbird.
98. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
99. A source of oil.
100. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
1. An employee who performs clerical work (e.g., keeps records or accounts).
2. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
3. Large African forest tree yielding a strong hard yellow to golden brown lumber.
4. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
5. Any of various small terrestrial or aquatic crustaceans with seven pairs of legs adapted for crawling.
6. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
7. Indicated by necessary connotation though not expressed directly.
8. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
9. United States inventor who manufactured the first elevator with a safety device (1811-1861).
10. An official or legal cancellation.
11. Grass with wide flat leaves cultivated in Europe and America for permanent pasture and hay and for lawns.
12. Modulation of the frequency of the (radio) carrier wave.
13. City in central Iran.
14. Having little physical or spiritual strength.
15. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
21. A quality that outshines the usual.
23. A town in western Alaska on the southern coast of the Seward Peninsula.
24. (heraldry) Standing on four feet.
27. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
30. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
33. A member of a formerly tribal people now living in south central India.
34. A wine bottle made of leather.
36. A percussion instrument with wooden bars tuned to produce a chromatic scale and with resonators.
37. Covered with paving material.
39. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
40. A large fleet.
41. A public promotion of some product or service.
42. A member of the Pueblo people living in western New Mexico.
45. Lacking motor coordination.
46. A genus of Indriidae.
47. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
51. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
55. City in Sudan.
56. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
60. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
61. Small wild or domesticated web-footed broad-billed swimming bird usually having a depressed body and short legs.
62. Plaything consisting of a container filled with toys and candy.
64. Small bitter fruit of the marasca cherry tree from whose juice maraschino liqueur is made.
65. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
66. Advanced in years.
67. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
71. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
72. Trade name for an oral contraceptive containing mestranol and a progestin compound.
74. (of a musical instrument) Intermediate between alto and baritone or bass.
75. Lower in esteem.
78. The type genus of the family Vitaceae.
79. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
80. American jurist who served as Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
83. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
84. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
85. A Loloish language.
88. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
90. A vinyl polymer used especially in paints or adhesives.
94. A state in northwestern North America.