1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. Robust east Asian clump-forming perennial herbs having racemose flowers.
9. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
13. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
16. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
17. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
18. Have confidence or faith in.
19. A human limb.
20. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
21. Wood of a larch tree.
22. At or constituting a border or edge.
23. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
24. Sour or bitter in taste.
26. A farewell remark.
29. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
31. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
33. Small European deciduous shrub with fragrant lilac-colored flowers followed by red berries on highly toxic twigs.
37. An often persistent bodily disorder or disease.
41. Praise, glorify, or honor.
44. A crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement.
45. Capital and largest city of Italy.
46. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
48. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
49. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
51. An adrenal-cortex hormone (trade names Hydrocortone or Cortef) that is active in carbohydrate and protein metabolism.
55. Doctrine of enlightenment as the realization of the oneness of one's self and the visible world.
57. Found along western Atlantic coast.
58. Any high mountain.
59. A cgs unit of work or energy.
60. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
61. An ancient region of southern Greece in the southeastern Peloponnesus.
64. A person forced to flee from home or country.
66. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
69. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
72. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
76. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
78. Bound by contract.
80. Falcon-headed solar god.
82. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
85. Tick lacking a dorsal shield and having mouth parts on the under side of the head.
87. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
89. A humorous anecdote or remark.
90. Indicating the most important performer or role.
91. Type genus of the Dipsacaceae.
95. Posing no difficulty.
96. Provide with military equipment.
97. (Norse mythology) Trickster.
1. English monk and scholar (672-735).
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
4. Small nut-bearing tree much grown in Europe.
5. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
6. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
7. Tibeto-Burman languages spoken in northernmost Burma and adjacent China and India.
8. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
9. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
10. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
11. The Arabic (or decimal) system of numeration.
12. The seed of the cereal grass.
13. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
14. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
15. A city in northern India.
25. Elect again.
27. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
28. One of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participates in a group organization).
30. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
32. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
34. Outermost layer of the pericarp of fruits as the skin of a peach or grape.
35. Large ornamental tropical American tree with bipinnate leaves and globose clusters of flowers with crimson stamens and sweet-pulp seed pods eaten by cattle.
36. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
38. A member of one of the four divisions of the prehistoric Greeks.
39. A radioactive transuranic element synthesized by bombarding curium with carbon ions.
40. A wrongful interference with the possession of property (personal property as well as realty), or the action instituted to recover damages.
42. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
43. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
47. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
50. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
52. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
53. A family of languages of the Fula people of west Africa in the sub-Sahara regions from Senegal to Chad.
54. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
56. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
62. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
63. English psychologist who collaborated with I. A. Richards in designing Basic English (1889-1957).
65. The first month of the year.
66. Small nut-bearing tree much grown in Europe.
67. Made of fir or pine.
68. Inject with libidinal energy.
69. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
70. Brazilian statesman who ruled Brazil as a virtual dictator (1883-1954).
71. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
73. An industrial city in southern Poland on the Vistula.
74. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
75. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
77. Belgian architect and leader in art nouveau architecture (1861-1947).
78. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
79. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
81. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
82. Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons.
83. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
84. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
86. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
88. Seed vessel having hooks or prickles.
92. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
93. Conforming to truth.
94. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.