1. Something with a round shape like a flat circular plate.
5. A fastener for a door or lid.
9. A drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands.
13. A case for containing a set of articles.
16. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
17. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
18. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
19. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
20. A group of mostly extinct primitive bony fishes characterized by armor-like bony scales.
22. Mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats).
24. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
25. A large spotted feline of tropical America similar to the leopard.
27. (medicine) Having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course.
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
30. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
32. A strong solution of sodium or potassium hydroxide.
34. Leader of a group or festival.
38. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
42. Ruined by overcooking.
43. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
50. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
51. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
52. Elder brother of Krishna.
53. A large vase that usually has a pedestal or feet.
54. Leave or strike out, as of vowels.
56. A member of a West African people living chiefly in southwestern Nigeria.
59. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
60. A surgical instrument used to remove sections of bone from the skull.
61. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
62. By bad luck.
65. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
67. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
68. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
70. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
72. (plural) Hosts or armies.
75. Extremely pleasing.
76. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
78. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
79. New Zealand conifer.
85. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
88. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
92. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
93. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
94. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
95. English monk and scholar (672-735).
96. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
97. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
98. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
99. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
100. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
101. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
1. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
2. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
3. Characterized by iniquity.
4. Making great mental demands.
5. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
6. Regional and archaic.
7. Goat-like antelope of central Eurasia having a stubby nose like a proboscis.
8. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
9. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
10. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
11. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
12. Long pinkish sour leafstalks usually eaten cooked and sweetened.
13. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
14. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
15. A mountain lake (especially one formed by glaciers).
21. A vessel (usually cylindrical) with a wide mouth and without handles.
23. Type genus of the Danaidae.
26. Gone by.
28. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
31. The spirit of evil in Zoroastrianism.
33. The capital and largest city of Zimbabwe.
35. Broken or pounded into small fragments.
36. Not imagined even in a dream.
37. English colonist in America.
39. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
40. Having color or a certain color.
41. Tree of the Amazon valley yielding a light brittle timber locally regarded as resistant to insect attack.
44. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
45. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
46. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
47. An island in the West Indies.
48. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
49. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
55. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
57. A state in northwestern North America.
58. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
63. The second largest city in Tunisia.
64. A light touch or stroke.
66. Any of the yeastlike imperfect fungi of the genus Candida.
67. Long pinkish sour leafstalks usually eaten cooked and sweetened.
69. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
71. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
73. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
74. A wrongful dispossession.
77. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
80. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
81. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
82. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
83. Have confidence or faith in.
84. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
86. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
87. Located at or near the back of an animal.
89. A preparation (usually made of sweetened chicle) for chewing.
90. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
91. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.