1. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
4. 20 aspers equal 1 kuru.
9. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
13. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
16. Gone by.
17. The basic unit of money in Sierra Leone.
18. Type genus of the Anatidae.
19. (Babylonian) The sky god.
20. A reflex that expels wind noisily from the stomach through the mouth.
22. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
24. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
25. Willing to face danger.
26. Weapon consisting of a fighting ax.
29. Of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
30. Small South American marmoset with silky fur and long nonprehensile tail.
32. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
34. Being nine more than forty.
36. The capital of Morocco.
37. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
39. A promise.
42. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
45. United States lawyer and politician who advocated free silver and prosecuted John Scopes (1925) for teaching evolution in a Tennessee high school (1860-1925).
46. A toxic alkaloid found in certain tropical South American trees that is a powerful relaxant for striated muscles.
48. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
50. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
53. (comparative of `near') Being the one of two that is less distant in space.
54. Automatic data processing in which data acquisition and other stages or processing are integrated into a coherent system.
56. The cognitive process of acquiring skill or knowledge.
58. A human limb.
59. Formerly, the eldest son of the King of France and direct heir to the throne.
62. A man who courts a woman.
64. Resembling an eel in being long and thin and sinuous.
66. Clean or orderly.
67. Of or relating to or suggestive of dreams.
69. Leave voluntarily.
71. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
74. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
76. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
77. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
80. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
83. Stalk of a moss capsule.
87. The property of favoring one eye over the other (as in taking aim).
90. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
92. A nucleotide derived from adenosine that occurs in muscle tissue.
93. Start abruptly.
95. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
97. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
98. A sizeable hole (usually in the ground).
99. An adult female person (as opposed to a man).
100. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
101. A boy or man.
1. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
2. Largest known toad species.
3. Being within certain limits that define the range of normal functioning.
4. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
5. 100 sente equal 1 loti.
6. A dense winter fog containing ice particles.
7. Half the width of an em.
8. Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler.
9. Of or in or relating to the nose.
10. Someone who responds.
11. South American plant cultivated for its large fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers.
12. Apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses.
13. Any of various burrowing animals of the family Leporidae having long ears and short tails.
14. Order by virtue of superior authority.
15. A city in northwestern Turkey.
21. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
23. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
27. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
28. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
31. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
33. Gull family.
35. Used of legal argumentation.
38. An associate degree in nursing.
40. A tributary of the Rhine.
41. Type genus of the Laniidae.
43. South African mongoose-like viverrine having a face like a lemur and only four toes.
44. Soup cooked in a large pot.
47. Cut or impressed into a surface.
49. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
51. Having the same or similar characteristics.
52. An epic in Latin by Virgil.
55. 100 puls equal 1 afghani.
57. Remaining after all deductions.
60. (of farmland) Broken and turned over with a plow.
61. Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons.
63. Enclose in, or as if in, a case "my feet were encased in mud.".
65. Capital of Vanuatu.
68. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
70. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
72. An island in the West Indies.
73. Having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude.
75. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
78. Again but in a new or different way.
79. Roman Emperor notorious for his monstrous vice and fantastic luxury (was said to have started a fire that destroyed much of Rome in 64) but the Empire remained prosperous during his rule (37-68).
81. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
82. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
84. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
85. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
86. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
88. A quantity of money.
89. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
91. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
94. A state in east central United States.
96. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.