1. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
4. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying the primeval sea.
9. Of the nature of or undergoing an experiment.
13. An engineering university in Cambridge.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
18. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
19. Gone by.
20. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
21. Type genus of the Giraffidae.
23. Very small free-living arachnid that is parasitic on animals or plants.
25. Type genus of the Amiidae.
27. Deserted or abandoned as by an owner.
29. A feeling of intense anger.
30. Harass with persistent criticism or carping.
31. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
32. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
37. Of or relating to a directionless magnitude.
47. United States feminist who was active in the women's suffrage movement (1819-1910).
48. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
50. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
53. A palace and fortress built in Granada by the Moslems in the Middle Ages.
55. Imprudently incurring risk.
56. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
57. (psychology) An urge to withdraw or avoid a situation or an object.
59. (mythology) According to legend, an island in the Atlantic Ocean that was swallowed by an earthquake.
62. A fibrous amphibole.
64. The usually cylindrical central vascular portion of the axis of a vascular plant.
65. A village in Jordan near the north end of the Dead Sea.
68. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
69. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
70. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
72. A public promotion of some product or service.
73. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
77. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
79. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
83. A diuretic drug (trade name Diuril) used in the treatment of edema and hypertension.
85. Having rugged physical strength.
86. Advanced in years.
87. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
88. Hardy breed of cattle resulting from crossing domestic cattle with the American buffalo.
91. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
93. A federation of North American industrial unions that merged with the American Federation of Labor in 1955.
94. Become ground down or deteriorate.
95. Urged social reform in 19th century England.
97. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
98. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
99. Of or relating to the kidneys.
100. An informal term for a father.
101. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The second month of the Moslem calendar.
2. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
3. An ancient port city in southwestern Spain.
4. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
5. A line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage.
6. And nothing more.
7. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
8. Not fed.
9. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
10. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
11. A thin strip (wood or metal).
12. A police officer who investigates crimes.
13. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
14. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
15. A genus of delicate ferns belonging to the family Osmundaceae.
22. An implement consisting of handle with a free swinging stick at the end.
24. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
26. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
28. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
33. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
35. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
36. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
38. French writer of novels about women (1873-1954).
39. For a short time.
40. The capital of Morocco.
41. act between parties with a view to reconciling differences.
42. In operation or operational.
43. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
44. God of wisdom or prophesy.
45. Capital and largest city and economic and cultural center of Portugal.
46. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
49. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
51. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
52. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
54. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.
58. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
60. The table in Christian churches where communion is given.
61. Round-tailed muskrat.
63. Moderate-sized Asiatic moth whose larvae feed on mulberry leaves and produce silk.
66. Italian painter whose many paintings exemplify the ideals of the High Renaissance (1483-1520).
67. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
71. A coterie of undesirable people.
74. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
75. Using speech rather than writing.
76. Any mold of the genus Mucor.
78. A large number of things or people considered together.
80. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
81. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
82. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
84. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
89. The longest division of geological time.
90. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
92. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
96. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.