1. The seventh and last day of the week.
4. Young of any of various canines such as a dog or wolf.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
17. (Norse mythology) Giant who lives in the roots of Yggdrasil and guards the well of wisdom.
18. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
19. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
20. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
22. Offering little or no hope.
25. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
28. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
29. An indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint.
30. Of or relating to or involving an area.
31. A long depression in the surface of the land that usually contains a river.
32. An associate degree in nursing.
33. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
34. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
36. British artist and writer of nonsense verse (1812-1888).
40. Of or relating to the aorta.
45. A racing sled for one or two people.
46. Being ten more than fifty.
47. A state in midwestern United States.
49. Opinion or judgment.
50. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
51. A town twenty miles east of Rome (Tibur is the ancient name).
53. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
55. Fastened with stitches.
57. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
60. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
61. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
62. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
63. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
65. Small genus of Asian evergreen trees having columnar crowns and distinguished by leaves lacking a midrib.
67. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
69. (law) Not of legal age.
71. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
72. A state in southeastern United States.
73. A Mid-Atlantic state.
74. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
76. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
78. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
83. Not out.
84. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
86. A state in New England.
88. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
93. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
96. A genus of Mustelidae.
97. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
98. By bad luck.
99. Type genus of the Amiidae.
101. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
102. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
103. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
104. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
105. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
1. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
2. Squash bugs.
3. Arranged or displayed systematically in table form.
4. The United Nations agency concerned with the international collection of meteorological data.
5. An expression of greeting.
6. Go on board.
7. An industrial city in northern France near the Belgian border.
8. A short introductory essay preceding the text of a book.
9. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
10. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
11. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
12. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. A quantity that is added.
15. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
21. 1 species of aquatic plant.
23. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
24. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
26. The act of drawing or hauling something.
27. Long-legged web-footed black-and-white shorebird with slender upward-curving bill.
35. United States baseball player (born in 1931).
37. A card game similar to ecarte.
38. Being of the same opinion.
39. Tall marsh plant with cylindrical seed heads that explode when mature shedding large quantities of down.
41. Any of the enzymes that catalyze biological oxidation.
42. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
43. A native of ancient Troy.
44. A city of central China.
48. Used chiefly as a direction or description in music.
52. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
54. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
56. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
58. Related by blood.
59. A member of western Finnish people formerly living in the Baltic province where Saint Petersburg was built.
64. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
66. A flock of geese.
68. Of or relating to or characteristic of Uganda or its people.
69. The United Nations agency concerned with the international collection of meteorological data.
70. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
75. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
77. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
79. Of or belonging to an aecium.
80. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
81. A small pendant fleshy lobe at the back of the soft palate.
82. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
85. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
87. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
89. A growth in strength or number or importance.
90. Avatar of Vishnu.
91. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
92. Full of zest or vigor.
94. An enclosed space.
95. A light touch or stroke.
100. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.