1. A federally chartered savings bank.
4. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
9. A small fragment of something broken off from the whole.
13. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
16. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
17. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
18. Showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair.
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. A large fleet.
22. The short weak cry of a young bird.
24. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
26. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
27. An early form of streetcar that was drawn by horses.
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
30. An opening that permits escape or release.
31. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
33. A feudal lord or baron in Scotland.
34. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
37. The capital and largest city of Equatorial Guinea on the island of Bioko in the Gulf of Guinea.
41. A written agreement between two states or sovereigns.
44. French soldier said to be fearless and chivalrous (1473-1524).
47. (baseball) A hit that flies straight out from the batter.
48. Using the voice.
50. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
51. Plant having a large slender white bulb and flat overlapping dark green leaves.
53. God of death.
54. A genus of Ploceidae.
55. Large family of important mostly marine food fishes.
57. Provided with artificial light.
58. (psychology) Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
60. Any plant of the genus Inula.
62. British informal term.
63. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
66. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
68. A subdivision of a written work.
69. The compass point midway between north and west.
70. A state in New England.
71. English courtier (a favorite of Elizabeth I) who tried to colonize Virginia.
73. A condition requiring relief.
76. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
77. A doctor's degree in religion.
79. The large yellow root of a rutabaga plant used as food.
84. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
86. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
89. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
90. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
92. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
94. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
95. A landlocked republic in northwestern Africa.
96. Gather, as of as crops.
97. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
98. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
99. The basic unit of money in Botswana.
100. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
101. A small cake leavened with yeast.
102. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. A crystal of snow.
2. A tranquilizing drug (trade name Serax) used to treat anxiety and insomnia and alcohol withdrawal.
3. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
4. A quantity of no importance.
5. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
6. Being nine more than ninety.
7. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
8. A country on western coast of Africa.
9. The part of the human body between the neck and the diaphragm or the corresponding part in other vertebrates.
10. A populous province in northeastern China.
11. A state in midwestern United States.
12. Situated in front of the anus.
13. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
14. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
15. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
21. Inherent ability.
23. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
25. A minor match preceding the main event.
28. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
32. Locate and correct errors in a computer program code.
35. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
36. Add salt to.
38. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
39. Avitaminosis caused by lack of thiamine (vitamin B1).
40. A musical composition for voices and orchestra based on a religious text.
42. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
43. A supplement to a will.
45. Made less in size or amount or degree.
46. Someone who purchases and maintains an inventory of goods to be sold.
49. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
52. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
56. Having abnormal sagging of the spine (especially in horses).
59. Measuring instrument for indicating speed of rotation.
61. New Zealand timber tree resembling the cypress.
64. Durable fragrant wood.
65. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
67. Paraphernalia indicative of royalty (or other high office).
68. A quantity of no importance.
72. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
74. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
75. A narrow republic surrounded by Senegal in West Africa.
76. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
78. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
80. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
81. Unstratified soil deposited by a glacier.
82. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
83. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
85. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
87. A lyric poet.
88. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
91. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
93. A light touch or stroke.