1. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. On, to, or at the top.
13. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
16. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
17. A verbalization that encourages you to attempt something.
18. The emotion of hate.
19. An associate degree in applied science.
20. (British) An informer or spy working for the police.
21. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
23. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
25. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
27. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
29. Tough Asiatic grass whose culms are used for ropes and baskets.
30. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
32. Instructive especially excessively.
34. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
39. Type genus of the Ranidae.
40. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
41. A graphic character used in ideography.
44. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
48. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
50. The comfort you feel when consoled in times of disappointment.
51. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
52. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
53. Preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home).
54. Aromatic substances of vegetable origin used as a preservative.
55. Continuing forever or indefinitely.
59. A string of more than 3,000 islands east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean.
62. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
63. Dramatist of ancient Rome (born in Greece) whose comedies were based on works by Menander (190?-159 BC).
64. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
65. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
66. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
67. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
68. A unit of pressure.
70. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
74. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
76. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
78. A doctor's degree in religion.
79. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
82. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
84. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
86. A mountain range in western Russia extending from the arctic to the Caspian Sea.
87. A volcano in south central Guatemala.
92. A clay pipe with a short stem.
94. City in northern Austria on the Danube.
96. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
97. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
98. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
100. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
101. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
102. (British) Your grandmother.
103. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
104. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
105. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
2. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
3. A plant lacking a permanent woody stem.
4. The shore of a lake.
5. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
6. The father of your father or mother.
7. A member of a North American Indian people speaking one of the Hokan language.
8. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
9. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
10. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
11. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
12. Informal terms for journalists.
13. A substance used as a coating to protect or decorate a surface (especially a mixture of pigment suspended in a liquid).
14. A pilgrim who journeys to Mecca.
15. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
22. A metric unit of length equal to 100 meters.
24. A tree of the genus Eucalyptus.
26. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
28. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
31. Type genus of the Amiidae.
33. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
35. Type genus of the Adelgidae.
36. (British) A commissioned officer who has been promoted from enlisted status.
37. A jamb for a door.
38. Bright with a steady but subdued shining.
42. Apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses.
43. Lower oneself with a double rope coiled aroound the body from a mountainside.
45. Small genus of aquatic or semiaquatic plants.
46. Deteriorated by decay or rot.
47. A green transparent form of beryl.
49. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
56. (of handwriting, print, etc.) Able to be read.
57. A white trivalent metallic element.
58. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
60. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
61. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
69. Arranged or displayed systematically in table form.
70. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
71. A city in southeastern Spain.
72. A port city in southwestern Iran.
73. A New England state.
75. High quality grape brandy distilled in the Cognac district of France.
76. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
77. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
80. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
81. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
83. A blind god.
85. United States baseball player (born 1925).
88. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
89. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
90. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
91. A French abbot.
93. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
94. An informal term for a father.
95. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
99. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.