1. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
4. In or associated with the process of passing from life or ceasing to be.
9. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
13. Domestic swine.
16. In favor of (an action or proposal etc.).
17. (combining form) Indicating radiation or radioactivity.
18. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
19. A strong emotion.
20. The fatty flesh of eel.
21. The system of production and distribution and consumption.
23. Antineoplastic drug (trade name Elspar) sometimes used to treat lymphoblastic leukemia.
24. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
26. Any plant of the genus Inula.
28. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
29. Ornamented in a vulgar or showy fashion.
30. Genus of New Zealand mat-forming herbs or subshrubs.
33. Someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity).
36. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
40. An arc-shaped whitish deposit sometimes seen in the cornea.
44. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
48. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
51. A comedian who uses gags.
53. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
54. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
55. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
56. United States golfer who won many major golf tournaments (born in 1912).
57. A gait in which steps and hops alternate.
58. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
60. Obvious and dull.
62. The officer below the master on a commercial ship.
63. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
66. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
68. A loud harsh or strident noise.
69. A person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy.
73. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
76. A decree that prohibits something.
78. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
80. A seat for one person, with a support for the back.
83. Lower in esteem.
87. Situated at an apex.
89. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
91. A sudden minor shock or meaningless interruption.
92. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
93. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
95. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
96. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
97. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
98. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
99. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
100. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. A gate or bar across a toll bridge or toll road which is lifted when the toll is paid.
4. Causing fear or dread or terror.
5. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
6. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
7. (Sumerian and Babylonian) A solar deity.
8. A variety of albatross with black feet.
9. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
10. Informal terms for a mother.
11. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
12. Pertaining to or near the sun.
13. Measuring instrument consisting of a graduated glass tube used to measure or transfer precise volumes of a liquid by drawing the liquid up into the tube.
14. A native or inhabitant of Iran.
15. Small genus of hairy herbs with yellow flowers.
22. Water soaked soil.
25. The basic unit of money in Spain.
27. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. Witty language used to convey insults or scorn.
34. An ache localized in the middle or inner ear.
35. A salesman who travels to call on customers.
37. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
38. The eleventh month of the Hindu calendar.
39. Unrefined brown sugar made from palm sap.
41. An ornament (such as a knot of ribbon or a rosette) usually worn on the hat.
42. Inflammation of the uvea of the eye.
43. A constellation in the equatorial region of the northern hemisphere near Ophiuchus and Corona Borealis.
45. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
46. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
47. An associate degree in nursing.
49. make senseless or dizzy by or as if by a blow.
50. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
52. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
59. A member of the Algonquian people formerly inhabiting the Maritime Provinces of Canada.
61. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
64. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
65. Norman leader in the First Crusade who played an important role in the capture of Jerusalem (1078-1112).
66. A variety of albatross with black feet.
67. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
70. A soft silvery metallic element.
71. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
72. A small byte.
74. Cause to move back by force or influence.
75. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
77. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
79. South African term for `boss'.
80. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
81. An expression of greeting.
82. A book of the New Testament.
84. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
85. Sudden and unexpected death of an apparently healthy infant during sleep.
86. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
88. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
90. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
94. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.