1. 36th President of the United States.
4. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
9. Great in vertical dimension.
13. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
16. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
17. Norwegian composer whose work was often inspired by Norwegian folk music (1843-1907).
18. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
19. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
20. Widespread European weed having yellow daisylike flowers.
22. In or of the month preceding the present one.
24. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
25. Largest known toad species.
26. The capital and chief port of Paraguay.
29. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
31. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
32. Hanging down (as from exhaustion or weakness).
34. (grammar) Of or relating to the aorist tense.
37. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. Being five more than fifty.
39. Valuable source of caviar and isinglass.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. Wearing away by friction.
51. (Roman mythology) A princess of Tyre who was the founder and queen of Carthage.
52. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
54. Having a gradual increase in width.
55. A source of danger.
57. (physics) The capacity of a physical system to do work.
59. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
60. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
61. Close-fitting pants of heavy denim for casual wear (usually in the plural).
64. A haphazard distribution in all directions.
66. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
67. Single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance.
68. Severe spasm of pain.
69. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
79. The vein in the center of a leaf.
83. Lower in esteem.
85. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
86. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
87. A stiff protective garment worn by hockey players or a catcher in baseball to protect the shins.
90. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
92. Hormones (estrogen and progestin) are given to postmenopausal women.
93. A French river.
94. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
96. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
97. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
98. Any plant of the genus Erica.
99. Produced by a manufacturing process.
100. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
1. The basic unit of money on Malta.
2. (informal) Exceptionally good.
3. A large spotted feline of tropical America similar to the leopard.
4. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
5. An ability to understand a broad range of topics.
6. Sudden and unexpected death of an apparently healthy infant during sleep.
7. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
8. A group of southern Bantu languages.
9. French filmmaker (1908-1982).
10. (music) A short recitative that is melodic but is not an aria.
11. Minute aquatic herbs floating on or below the water surface of still water consisting of a leaflike frond or plant body and single root.
12. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
13. East Indian annual erect herb.
14. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
15. Locate and correct errors in a computer program code.
21. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
23. The smallest multiple that is exactly divisible by every member of a set of numbers.
27. Not curled.
28. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
30. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
33. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
35. Be central or dominant.
36. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
40. Comparatives of `soon' or `early'.
41. A city in western Germany.
42. The radical -NO2 or any compound containing it (such as a salt or ester of nitrous acid).
43. Resist or confront with resistance.
44. A duct that provides ventilation as in mines.
45. Form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case.
46. A leafless annual parasitic vine of the genus Cuscuta having whitish or yellow filamentous stems.
48. A shop where a variety of goods are sold.
49. A building where animals are butchered.
53. A public promotion of some product or service.
56. Memorization by repetition.
58. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
62. A city in northwestern Syria.
63. Very small.
65. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
70. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
71. A small cake leavened with yeast.
72. An unnaturally frenzied or distraught woman.
73. Find repugnant.
74. Greek mythology.
75. A bachelor's degree in science.
76. Chief god of the Rig-Veda.
77. Freshwater or marine or terrestrial gastropod mollusk usually having an external enclosing spiral shell.
78. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
80. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
81. The specified day of the month.
82. A small island.
84. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
88. Being one more than two.
89. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
91. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
95. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.