1. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
5. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
9. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
13. Inquire about.
16. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
17. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
18. Cassava with long tuberous edible roots and soft brittle stems.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. Not angry.
22. The basic unit of money in Haiti.
24. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
25. A rich black loam of India.
26. Thin usually unleavened johnnycake made of cornmeal.
28. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
30. A local computer network for communication between computers.
31. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
33. A sport in which participants must travel on skis.
35. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,201 feet high).
40. Containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal.
42. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (20,997 feet high).
44. Big-eyed scad.
45. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
46. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
48. Be earlier in time.
50. A state in New England.
52. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
55. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
56. A chronic disease of the nose characterized by a foul-smelling nasal discharge and atrophy of nasal structures.
59. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
60. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
61. The petals of a flower collectively forming an inner floral envelope or layer of the perianth.
63. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
65. The force of workers available.
66. Hard yellowish to brownish wax from leaves of the carnauba palm used especially in floor waxes and polishes.
68. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
71. In operation or operational.
72. East Indian fruit tree bearing fruit similar to but sweeter than that of the rambutan.
74. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
77. A heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element.
79. A hereditary ruler.
83. The basic unit of money in Mauritania.
89. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
90. A brittle transparent solid with irregular atomic structure.
91. A prescription drug that is provided again.
93. So scary as to cause chills and shudders.
94. An advanced law degree.
95. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
97. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
99. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
100. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
101. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
102. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
103. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. Earlier a god.
2. French painter whose work influenced the impressionists (1832-1883).
3. Moth whose larvae are flour moths.
4. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
5. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
6. A Turkish river flowing south southwest into the Mediterranean.
7. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
8. Spiritual being attendant upon God.
9. Lizards of the New World and Madagascar and some Pacific islands.
10. Devoid or partially devoid of light or brightness.
11. A severe or trying experience.
12. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. God of love and erotic desire.
21. (legend) Chalice used by Christ at the last supper.
23. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
27. Some unspecified time in the future.
29. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
32. A dry cold north wind in SE France.
34. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
36. A slow pace of running.
37. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
38. A town in southwest Mississippi on the Mississippi River.
39. Genus of tropical American herbs or subshrubs.
41. Of or relating to epizoa.
43. A public promotion of some product or service.
47. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
49. A Hindu prince or king in India.
51. A republic in the western central Pacific Ocean in association with the United States.
53. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
54. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
57. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
58. Be a mystery or bewildering to.
62. Spanish philosopher (1235-1315).
64. Not reflecting light.
67. The residue that remains when something is burned.
69. Make amends for.
70. (British) A minicar used as a taxicab.
71. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
73. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
75. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
76. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
78. Enthusiastic approval.
80. Squash bugs.
81. Of inferior or mixed breed.
82. Long-tailed arboreal mustelid of Central and South America.
84. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
85. A small island.
86. An elaborate song for solo voice.
87. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
88. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
92. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
96. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
98. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.