1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. The fourth or lowest deck.
9. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
13. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
16. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
17. Any of several large deciduous trees with rounded spreading crowns and smooth gray bark and small sweet edible triangular nuts enclosed in burs.
18. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
19. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
20. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
21. A city in west central Washington on an arm of Puget Sound south of Seattle.
23. Accumulate on the surface.
25. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
28. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
29. United States songwriter noted for his protest songs (born in 1941).
30. Involving two dimensions.
32. The eleventh month of the Hindu calendar.
34. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
38. A New England state.
40. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
44. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
45. A network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels.
47. Of or having to do with or belonging to an abbey or abbot, or abbess.
49. A quantity that is added.
51. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
52. Round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games.
53. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
54. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
55. A fraudulent business scheme.
56. Of or relating to or characteristic of Zaire or its people.
58. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
59. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
60. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
62. Easily deciphered.
64. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
66. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
67. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
68. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
69. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
70. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
75. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
79. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
83. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
87. Having help.
88. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
89. A genus of Pleuronectidae.
91. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
92. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
94. Fail to do something.
96. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
97. Advanced in years.
98. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
99. A federally chartered corporation that purchases mortgages.
100. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
1. An early form of modern jazz (originating around 1940).
2. Relating to or resembling or made of or adorned with pearls or mother-of-pearl.
3. Make a high-pitched, screeching noise, as of a door.
4. A Russian river.
5. Of flax, hemp, or jute, so as to promote loosening of the fibers form the woody tissue.
6. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
7. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
8. Type genus of the Phocidae.
9. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
10. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
13. Taken dishonestly.
14. A genus of Mustelidae.
15. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
22. The larva of the housefly and blowfly commonly found in decaying organic matter.
24. A medical instrument used to inject or withdraw fluids v 1.
26. A city in southern California (southeast of Los Angeles).
27. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
31. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
33. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
35. A vehicle for carrying a coffin to a church or a cemetery.
36. Disposed to please.
37. 1 species.
39. (Britain) Flat semisweet cookie or biscuit usually served with tea.
41. A vowel whose quality or length is changed to indicate linguistic distinctions (such as sing sang sung song).
42. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir and avenger of Balder.
43. A linear unit of the size of type slightly larger than an em.
46. A feudal lord or baron in Scotland.
48. A shop where a variety of goods are sold.
50. Jordan's port.
57. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
61. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
63. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
65. A green transparent form of beryl.
66. A Russian river.
71. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
72. Someone who cuts and delivers ice.
73. A native of ancient Troy.
74. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
76. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
77. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
78. A popular vacation spot in the Canadian Rockies.
80. Person who does no work.
81. Reconnaissance (by shortening).
82. American Revolutionary patriot.
84. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
85. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
86. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
87. Before noon.
90. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
91. Before noon.
93. An uproarious party.
95. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.