1. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
4. Large genus of erect or climbing prickly shrubs including roses.
8. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
12. Varying in color when seen in different lights or from different angles.
16. Provided with artificial light.
17. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
18. Relating to the Urdu language.
19. A narrow way or road.
20. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
21. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
23. A mountain in the central Himalayas on the border of Tibet and Nepal (27,890 feet high).
24. Any of a group of viruses containing DNA in an icosahedral protein shell and causing disease in dogs and cattle.
26. (Greek mythology) The last king of Troy.
27. English architect who designed more than fifty London churches (1632-1723).
28. Make crunching noises.
30. Agitation resulting from active worry.
33. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
34. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
36. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
39. A ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element.
44. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
46. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
48. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
49. A short theatrical episode.
51. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
53. Add ions to.
55. (informal) Of the highest quality.
56. A Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer.
57. The wife or widow of a czar.
61. A strong emotion.
62. Satisfy (thirst).
63. (Irish) Goddess.
64. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
68. An elaborate song for solo voice.
69. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
73. The sacred city of Lamaism.
76. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
78. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
79. An Asian river.
81. Overcome, as with emotions or perceptual stimuli.
83. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
87. The act of rising upward into the air.
88. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
91. The capital of Western Samoa.
93. A tight-fitting headdress.
94. Being three more than fifty.
95. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
96. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
97. A master's degree in fine arts.
98. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
99. Have a tendency or disposition to do or be something.
100. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
101. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
1. Wet feed (especially for pigs) consisting of mostly kitchen waste mixed with water or skimmed or sour milk.
2. Of a pale purple color.
3. Rock star and drummer for the Beatles (born in 1940).
4. Shrubby plant with aromatic grayish-green leaves used as a cooking herb.
5. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
6. Tall North American perennial herbs.
7. The sixth month of the civil year.
8. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
9. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
10. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
11. A Scottish word.
12. Unskillfulness resulting from a lack of training.
13. The emotion of hate.
14. The beginning or early stages.
15. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
22. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
25. Resembling or characteristic of a prophet or prophecy.
29. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
31. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
32. Half the width of an em.
35. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
37. Photographic equipment consisting of a lightproof box with a lens at one end and light-sensitive film at the other.
38. Pull along heavily, like a heavy load against a resistance.
40. Someone who admires a young woman.
41. Of uncertain outcome.
42. Type genus of the Ciconiidae.
43. Continuing forever or indefinitely.
45. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
47. Relating to or having or hearing with two ears.
50. Of or concerning Qatar.
52. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
54. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris across from the modern city of Mosul in the northern part of what is now known a Iraq.
58. Short and fat.
59. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
60. Having a common axis.
65. An ancient kingdom in northern Mesopotamia which is in present-day Iraq.
66. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
67. 1 species.
70. An associate degree in applied science.
71. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
72. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
74. (botany) Relating to a plant of the family Araceae.
75. Characterized by dignity and propriety.
77. A grant made by a law court.
80. The handle of a weapon or tool.
82. Informal terms for a meal.
84. The highest level or degree attainable.
85. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
86. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
89. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
90. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
92. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
93. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.