1. Make synchronous and adjust in time or manner.
5. Dark grayish extrusive rock.
13. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
17. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
18. Like or characteristic of a mirrored image.
19. Using speech rather than writing.
20. Full of submerged reefs or sandbanks or shoals.
21. Relating to or characteristic of alps.
22. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
23. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
24. (computer science) A rule stating that the quality of the output is a function of the quality of the input.
26. (of fabrics and paper) Grown dark in color over time.
28. Biennial weed in Europe and America having large pinnate leaves and yellow flowers and a bitter and somewhat poisonous root.
30. Spin or twist together so as to form a cord.
31. Any customary and rightful perquisite appropriate to your station in life.
34. (linguistics) The form of a word after all affixes are removed.
35. An associate degree in applied science.
38. A stately Protestant (especially Lutheran) hymn tune.
39. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
41. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
43. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
44. A drug (trade name Tolinase) used in treating stable adult-onset diabetes mellitus.
46. English monk and scholar (672-735).
48. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
50. The act of using.
51. United States poet and critic (1899-1979).
53. A hostel for pilgrims in Turkey.
55. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
57. A trinket or piece of jewelry thought to be a protection against evil.
60. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
61. The second largest state.
62. Intelligence derived from non-communications electromagnetic radiations from foreign sources (other than radioactive sources).
63. Any of various brown and yellow finches of pats of Europe.
64. Half the width of an em.
68. A city in central Illinois.
70. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
72. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
77. An ache localized in the middle or inner ear.
80. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
82. A fraudulent business scheme.
83. To fix or set securely or deeply.
85. French novelist and critic.
86. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
87. A unit of pressure.
89. A primeval personification of air and breath.
91. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
93. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
94. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
95. A battle (1590) in which the Huguenots under Henry IV of France defeated the Catholics under the duke of Mayenne.
96. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
97. The square of a body of any size of type.
1. Express or utter with a hiss.
2. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
3. A condition requiring relief.
4. (Italian cookery) Squid prepared as food.
5. An almond-shaped neural structure in the anterior part of the temporal lobe of the cerebrum.
6. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
7. Silver-coated candy bead for decorating cakes.
8. The fourth or lowest deck.
9. Piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid.
10. Be iridescent.
11. Resided in.
12. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
13. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
14. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
15. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
16. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
25. Solid and liquid nourishment taken into the body through the mouth.
27. God of love and erotic desire.
29. A habitual liar (after a New Testament character who was struck dead for lying).
32. A colorless poisonous gas that smells like new-mown hay.
33. An ax used to slaughter cattle.
36. Any of several tropical American trees of the genus Andira.
37. Veloute or brown sauce with sauteed chopped onion and dry white wine and sour cream.
40. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
42. Having the breasts uncovered or featuring such nudity.
45. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
47. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
49. (Akkadian) Mother and earth goddess in Gilgamish epic.
52. Any of numerous perennial bulbous herbs having linear or broadly lanceolate leaves and usually a single showy flower.
54. A block of the earth's crust bounded by faults and shifted to form peaks of a mountain range.
56. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
58. The cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one.
59. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
65. Secondary or explanatory title.
66. Accumulation in the blood of nitrogen-bearing waste products (urea) that are usually excreted in the urine.
67. Court-ordered support paid by one spouse to another after they are separated.
69. A police officer who investigates crimes.
71. Lightweight single-breasted jacket.
73. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
74. A state in midwestern United States.
75. Cuban poet and revolutionary who fought for Cuban independence from Spain (1853-1895).
76. Appeal or request earnestly.
78. A book of the New Testament.
79. Avatar of Vishnu.
81. A small cake leavened with yeast.
84. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
88. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
89. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
90. A unit of potential equal to one thousandth of a volt.
91. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
92. A radioactive element of the actinide series.