1. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
4. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
8. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
12. English tennis player who won may women's singles titles (born in 1945).
16. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
17. On or toward the lee.
18. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
19. Inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence.
20. The inner and thicker of the two bones of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
22. Relating to or involving the stomach.
24. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
25. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
27. Traveling on horseback.
29. A tranquilizer (trade name Navane) used to treat schizophrenia.
31. A deliberately false or improbable account.
33. God of wealth and love.
36. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
40. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
44. A Hindu prince or king in India.
46. Cut down with an ax.
48. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
49. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
51. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head.
52. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
54. Any of various units of capacity.
56. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
57. A person who makes use of a thing.
58. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
59. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
61. Make lighter or brighter.
63. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
64. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
67. An island in the south Pacific.
72. Minor or subordinate.
73. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
74. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
75. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
77. British informal.
79. A city in north central Morocco.
80. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
82. Any plant of the genus Erica.
84. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
87. The attribute of having a strong offensive smell.
91. Absolve or pardon.
94. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
95. A Polynesian rain dance performed by a woman.
96. Trees or shrubs of the families Ebenaceae or Sapotaceae or Styracaceae or Symplocaceae.
98. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
99. A slow pace of running.
100. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
101. Any of the forms of Chinese spoken in Fukien province.
1. A globular water bottle used in Asia.
2. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
3. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
4. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
5. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
6. Israeli statesman (born in Russia) who (as Prime Minister of Israel) negotiated a peace treaty with Anwar el-Sadat of Egypt (1913-1992).
7. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
8. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
9. A parliamentary democracy on the island of Barbados.
10. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
11. Of or belonging to or suitable for a duke.
12. A city in east central Texas.
13. (sometimes followed by `of') Having or showing realization or perception.
14. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
15. At or constituting a border or edge.
21. Not based on fact.
23. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
26. Informal terms for a mother.
28. A German man.
30. A state in the eastern United States.
32. A long seat for more than one person.
34. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
35. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.
37. One of the inherent cognitive or perceptual powers of the mind.
38. Breed of sled dog developed in Alaska.
39. A procedure in which blood is drawn and separated into its components by dialysis.
41. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
42. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
43. A French abbot.
45. A book in the Old Testament describing how Joshua led the Israelites into Canaan (the Promised Land) after the death of Moses.
47. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
50. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
53. A flat float (usually made of logs or planks) that can be used for transport or as a platform for swimmers.
55. 16 ounces.
60. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
62. A city in northwestern Germany and an important Baltic port.
65. Incapacitated by injury or illness.
66. Widely distributed genus of herbs or shrubs with glandular compound leaves and spicate or racemose purple or white flowers.
68. A ship with a reinforced bow to break up ice and keep channels open for navigation.
69. Black tropical American cuckoo.
70. Large and brightly colored handkerchief.
71. A green transparent form of beryl.
72. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
76. Before noon.
78. An enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of a proenzyme to an active enzyme.
81. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
83. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
84. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
85. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
86. The capital and largest city of Norway.
88. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
89. A district in southwestern Manhattan noted for its shops and restaurants and galleries and artist's lofts.
90. Kill intentionally and with premeditation.
92. Range of what one can know or understand.
93. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
97. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.