1. An honorary degree in science.
4. A leather strap used to sharpen razors.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
13. The residue that remains when something is burned.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
18. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
19. A Nilotic language.
20. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
22. A tall Brazilian feather palm with a terminal crown of very large leathery pinnatisect leaves rising from long strong stems used for structural purposes.
24. A prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own.
26. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
29. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
30. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
32. A small amount (especially of a drink).
33. A descent down a nearly vertical surface by using a doubled rope that is coiled around the body and attached to some higher point.
35. The capital and largest city of Kenya.
38. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
39. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
40. Go on board.
43. Rounded like an egg.
47. A kiln for drying hops.
48. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
50. (British colloquialism) An excavation.
51. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
52. Clean with one's bill, of birds.
54. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
55. A domain in which something is dominant.
56. United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959).
57. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
62. God of the earth.
63. Arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness.
65. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
67. Winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge.
68. A state in New England.
69. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
71. Avatar of Vishnu.
72. An antifungal agent usually administered in the form of a nitrate (trade name Monistat).
75. Having winglike extensions.
77. Towards the side away from the wind.
78. Restraint consisting of a rope (or light chain) used to restrain an animal.
82. Having three dimensions.
89. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
91. Raised pinkish scar tissue at the site of an injury.
92. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
94. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
96. A member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times.
97. Providing enjoyment.
98. A genus of Lamnidae.
99. Interchangeable with `means' in the expression `by dint of'.
100. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
1. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
2. A sudden very loud noise.
3. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
4. Surface layer of ground containing a matt of grass and grass roots.
5. A soft silvery metallic element of the rare earth group.
6. A Hindu prince or king in India.
7. An onerous or difficult concern.
8. Measuring instrument consisting of a graduated glass tube used to measure or transfer precise volumes of a liquid by drawing the liquid up into the tube.
9. Indicating an option or wish.
10. A roughly cylindrical that is vessel open at the top.
11. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
12. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
13. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
14. Republic in northern Europe.
15. A building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services.
21. Narrow and long and pointed.
23. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
25. (of winds) Coming from the sea toward the land.
27. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
28. A boy or man.
31. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
36. A city in the northern panhandle of Texas.
37. Of or relating to or in the manner of the playwright Henrik Ibsen.
41. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
42. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
44. Virility drug (trade name Viagra) used to treat erectile dysfunction in men.
45. Bright with a steady but subdued shining.
46. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
49. Any of various orchids of the genus Bletia having pseudo-bulbs and erect leafless racemes of large purple or pink flowers.
53. (British) Your grandmother.
58. A list of dishes available at a restaurant.
59. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
60. An architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness.
61. In or of the present month.
64. Tropical African herbs.
66. A severe or trying experience.
70. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
73. (of champagne) Moderately dry.
74. An inhabitant of ancient Thebes.
76. First in order of birth.
79. A positively charged electrode by which electrons leave an electrical device.
80. A descendent or heir.
81. A fence formed by a row of closely planted shrubs or bushes.
83. Relating to the Urdu language.
84. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
85. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
86. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
87. A Scottish word.
88. A visual representation of an object or scene or person produced on a surface.
90. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
93. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
95. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.