1. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
4. Of or relating to any of the group of Sotho languages.
9. United States sculptor (1860-1936).
13. Distant but within sight.
16. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
17. Free from dirt or impurities.
18. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
19. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
20. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
21. German hero.
23. Imperial moths.
25. Equally distant from the extremes.
27. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
28. A Loloish language.
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
30. A biological unit consisting of a nucleus and the body of cytoplasm with which it interacts.
32. (prosody) The accent in a metrical foot of verse.
36. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
37. Fallow deer.
41. Causing to fall into line or into position.
43. The ninth month of the civil year.
44. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
45. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
49. Any of various young herrings (other than brislings) canned as sardines in Norway.
50. Immediately past.
51. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
53. A person who possesses great material wealth.
54. Slanderous defamation.
57. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
59. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
60. Any of various units of capacity.
61. A port city in southwestern Iran.
63. Weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat.
65. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
67. A decree that prohibits something.
68. Greek mythology.
70. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
71. An informal term for a father.
75. A ballplayer who is batting.
77. The square of a body of any size of type.
81. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
86. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
89. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
91. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
93. The bags of letters and packages that are transported by the postal service.
94. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
95. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
98. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
99. A primeval personification of air and breath.
100. 100 toea equal 1 kina.
101. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
102. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. Not only so, but.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
4. German physiologist and histologist who in 1839 identified the cell as the basic structure of plant and animal tissue (1810-1882).
5. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
6. A kind of polyester fabric.
7. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
8. Medieval artillery used during sieges.
9. A bicycle with two sets of pedals and two seats.
10. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
11. Feed, care for, and rear young birds for flight.
12. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
13. Nutritive material of an ovum stored for the nutrition of an embryo (especially the yellow mass of a bird or reptile egg).
14. An endorsement.
15. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
22. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
24. Offensively discourteous.
26. Type genus of the Fregatidae.
31. Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler.
33. A palace and fortress built in Granada by the Moslems in the Middle Ages.
34. German engineer (born in France) who invented the diesel engine (1858-1913).
35. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
38. Fly a plane.
39. Used to make malmsey wine.
40. American author whose works were frequently autobiographical (1876-1941).
42. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
46. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
47. The ninth month of the Hindu calendar.
48. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
52. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
55. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
56. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
58. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
62. Tag the base runner to get him out.
64. United States painter noted for brilliant colors and bold brushwork (1859-1935).
66. The ninth month of the Moslem calendar.
67. German physiologist and histologist who in 1839 identified the cell as the basic structure of plant and animal tissue (1810-1882).
69. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
72. Corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality.
73. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
74. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
76. Something that is a source of danger.
78. An artful or simulated semblance.
79. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
80. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
83. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
84. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
85. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
87. Move as if through a sieve.
88. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
90. Negation of a word or group of words.
92. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
96. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
97. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).