1. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
4. A professional cook.
8. A globular water bottle used in Asia.
12. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
16. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
17. Try to manage without help.
18. A German man.
19. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
20. Relatively deep or strong.
22. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
24. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
25. Being the one previously mentioned or spoken of.
26. Shape anew or differently.
28. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
29. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
33. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
37. Be in accord.
39. Render verbally, "recite a poem".
42. Flat crusty-bottomed onion roll.
45. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
47. Located on a side.
48. The first month of the year.
49. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
50. A rare polyvalent metallic element of the platinum group.
51. A word for chaos or fiasco borrowed from modern Hebrew (where it is a loan word from Russian).
55. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
57. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
59. The weather in some location averaged over some long period of time.
62. A public promotion of some product or service.
63. A reddish brown dye used especially on hair.
64. Relating to of containing or affecting blood.
65. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
68. Atmospheric discharges (lasting 10 msec) bursting from the tops of giant storm clouds in blue cones that widen as they flash upward.
69. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
70. Owning or consisting of land or real estate.
74. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
76. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
78. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
80. A town in south central Washington.
82. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
84. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
87. A small constellation near the South Pole between Tucana and Ara.
88. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
89. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
92. A decree that prohibits something.
93. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
95. Either extremity of something that has length.
97. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
99. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
100. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
101. Show a response or a reaction to something.
103. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
105. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
106. A doctor's degree in education.
107. Small and light boat.
108. South African term for `boss'.
109. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
1. A blind god.
2. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
3. An artist of consummate skill.
4. A radioactive transuranic element.
5. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
6. Make attractive or lovable.
7. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
8. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
9. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
10. Relating to or characteristic of a tribe.
11. Of or relating to or involving an area.
12. Lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike.
13. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
14. Baby bed with high sides.
15. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
21. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
27. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
30. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
34. A unit of magnetic flux density equal to one weber per square meter.
35. Tired to the point of exhaustion.
36. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. British informal.
40. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
41. Having a specified kind of border or edge.
43. Mourned or grieved for.
44. (Norse mythology) A huge ash tree whose roots and branches hold the earth and heaven and hell together.
46. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
52. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
53. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
54. The brightest star in Cygnus.
56. A member of the North American Indian people living in southern Arizona and northern Mexico.
58. Adorn or decorate with jewels.
60. An unwholesome atmosphere.
61. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
66. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
67. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
71. Lack of sophistication or worldliness.
72. The friend of Phintias who pledged his life that Phintias would return (4th century BC).
73. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
75. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
77. God of war.
79. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
81. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
83. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
85. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
86. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
90. God of death.
91. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
94. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
95. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
96. A light touch or stroke.
97. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
98. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
99. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
102. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
104. A state in midwestern United States.