1. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
4. Of great mass.
9. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
13. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
16. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
17. Present reasons and arguments.
18. Highly excited.
19. (informal) Of the highest quality.
20. Surface layer of ground containing a matt of grass and grass roots.
21. The body of people who lead a group.
23. On the contrary.
25. Jordan's port.
27. Submersible vessel for one or two persons.
29. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
30. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
32. A subdivision of a larger religious group.
34. A doctor's degree in music.
40. Being one more than one.
41. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
45. Cheap and inferior.
46. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
47. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
48. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
51. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
52. Any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted.
55. An honorary law degree.
56. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
57. Lower in esteem.
58. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
60. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
62. Spanish missionary who founded Franciscan missions in California (1713-1784).
65. Of or relating to the dura mater.
66. A government tax on imports or exports.
68. Wild sheep of semidesert regions in central Asia.
69. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
70. Passing or able to pass air in and out of the lungs normally.
72. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
76. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
77. A skullcap worn by religious Jews (especially at prayer).
81. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
84. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
88. A type of folk song that originated among Black Americans at the beginning of the 20th century.
89. Something that remunerates.
90. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
94. A master's degree in business.
95. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
96. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
97. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
99. (British) Your grandmother.
100. Noisy talk.
101. Subject to a ruling authority.
102. Not only so, but.
103. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
2. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
3. A member of an aboriginal people living in the hills in southeastern India.
4. Offering fun and gaiety.
5. A strong emotion.
6. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
7. The practice of living without clothes for reasons of health.
8. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
9. (football) Of advancing the ball by throwing it.
10. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
11. United States heavyweight boxing champion (1866-1933).
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
14. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
15. Common black European thrush.
22. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
24. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
26. The capital of Kyrgystan (known as Frunze 1926-1991).
28. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
31. Top part of an apron.
33. A gathering of passengers sufficient to fill an automobile.
35. French revolutionary who was prominent in the early days of the French Revolution (1749-1791).
36. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
37. A rectangular block of hewn stone used for building purposes.
38. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
39. English translator and Protestant martyr.
42. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
43. Genus of North American herbs.
44. Wipe away.
49. Squash bugs.
50. That is to say.
53. A long steep slope or cliff at the edge of a plateau or ridge.
54. A crime syndicate in the United States.
59. Nightingale spoken of in Persian poetry.
61. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
63. Full of zest or vigor.
64. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
67. Any of a group of hard crystalline minerals that consist of aluminum silicates of potassium or sodium or calcium or barium.
68. A strong emotion.
71. Of or relating to a creed.
73. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
74. The act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise.
75. A person who has received a degree from a school (high school or college or university).
76. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
78. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
79. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
80. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
82. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
83. Flemish painter who was a founder of the Flemish school of painting and to have pioneered modern techniques of oil painting (1390-1441).
85. Having relatively few calories.
86. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
87. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
91. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
92. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
93. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
98. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
99. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.