1. Singing jazz.
5. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
9. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
13. A female person who has the same parents as another person.
16. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
17. In bed.
18. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. (of handwriting, print, etc.) Able to be read.
22. Dried grape.
25. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
26. Like an amoeba (especially in having a variable irregular shape).
29. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
30. Filled with fear or apprehension.
32. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
35. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
38. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
39. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
43. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
47. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
49. Disability of walking due to crippling of the legs or feet.
50. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
51. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
52. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
54. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
55. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
58. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
60. Having been read.
62. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
63. An Italian poet famous for `The Divine Comedy'--a journey through hell and purgatory and paradise guided by Virgil and his idealized Beatrice (1265-1321).
64. Idle or foolish and irrelevant talk.
67. An associate degree in nursing.
68. A monocotyledonous flowering plant.
70. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
72. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
74. A city in north-central India.
75. United States writer noted for his stories about life during the California gold rush (1836-1902).
76. (zoology) Lacking a tail or taillike appendage.
79. Being eight more than fifty.
82. Abnormally deficient in color as suggesting physical or emotional distress.
84. (of pain or sorrow) Made easier to bear.
86. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
90. A fit of shivering.
91. The craniometric point at the junction of the anterior border of the lacrimal bone with the frontal bone.
94. A mountain peak in the southern Sinai Peninsula (7,500 feet high).
95. A human limb.
97. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
99. Acid gritty-textured fruit.
100. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
101. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
102. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
103. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
1. Type genus of the Sulidae.
2. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
3. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
4. A fast sailboat with 3 parallel hulls.
5. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
6. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
7. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
8. Of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
9. A genus of European owls.
10. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
11. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
12. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
13. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
14. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
15. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
21. The cry made by sheep.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
28. The father of your father or mother.
31. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
33. German baroque composer (1681-1767).
34. A port city in southwestern Iran.
36. Pastry made with a cream cheese dough and different fillings (as raisins and walnuts and cinnamon or chocolate and walnut and apricot preserves).
37. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
40. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
41. A hostel for pilgrims in Turkey.
42. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
45. Small woodpeckers of South America and Africa and East Indies having soft rounded tail feathers.
46. A crystalline amino acid that occurs in many proteins.
48. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
53. A singer of carols.
56. A small pouch into which the semicircular canals open.
57. A state in New England.
59. Transient cessation of respiration.
61. A genus of Indriidae.
65. Characterized by toilsome effort to the point of exhaustion.
66. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
69. Not divisible by two.
71. Reduce to lay status.
72. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
73. A city of central Russia south of Moscow.
77. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
78. Mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats).
80. Capable of being corrupted.
81. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
83. American novelist (1909-1955).
85. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
87. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
88. Gymnastic apparatus consisting of two parallel wooden bars supported on uprights.
89. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
92. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
93. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
96. An informal term for a father.
98. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.