1. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
4. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
13. Extremely pleasing.
16. Pan with a convex bottom.
17. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
18. In bed.
19. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. Hold spellbound.
23. Having gaps or spaces.
25. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
27. Having a heading or course in a certain direction.
29. In a desperate manner.
30. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
31. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
32. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
34. Informal terms for a mother.
39. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
43. Give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person).
46. The short weak cry of a young bird.
48. A location other than here.
49. A river in eastern France.
51. A musical notation written on a staff indicating the pitch of the notes following it.
53. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
54. A slight indication.
57. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
58. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
59. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
60. The system of numbering pages.
61. Take in solid food.
62. A demon who swallows the sun causing eclipses.
64. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
66. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
68. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
70. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
71. The act of scanning.
72. A member of a Slavic people who settled in Serbia and neighboring areas in the 6th and 7th centuries.
73. Broad in the beam.
76. A colorless odorless gas used as fuel.
80. Someone who leaves one country to settle in another.
84. Type genus of the Majidae.
88. Gone by.
89. With laces not tied.
92. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
94. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
95. Understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something.
96. Chief port of Yemen.
98. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
99. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
100. Any of the threadlike filaments forming the mycelium of a fungus.
101. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
102. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
1. Not in a state of sleep.
2. Having deeply indented margins but with lobes not entirely separate from each other.
3. Jordan's port.
4. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
5. Distant but within sight.
6. Machine tool for shaping metal or wood.
7. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
8. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
9. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
10. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
11. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
12. Not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course.
13. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
14. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
15. The entire physical structure of an organism (especially an animal or human being).
22. A public promotion of some product or service.
24. Of or pertaining to Sabah or its people.
26. A complex inorganic compound that contains ammonia molecules.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
33. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
35. How long something has existed.
36. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
37. An examination and dissection of a dead body to determine cause of death or the changes produced by disease.
38. (Old Testament) Samson's Philistine mistress who betrayed him by cutting off his hair and so deprived him of his strength.
40. Mercifulness as a consequence of being lenient or tolerant.
41. A speech sound produced with both the oral and nasal passages open (as French nasal vowels).
42. A colorless water-soluble glutinous protein obtained from animal tissues such as bone and skin.
44. A light medieval helmet with a slit for vision.
45. A wind from the south.
47. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
50. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
52. The United Nations agency concerned with the international organization of food and agriculture.
55. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
56. Keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement.
63. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
65. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
67. Respiratory disorder characterized by wheezing.
69. A unit of inductance equal to one billionth of a henry.
70. Machine tool for shaping metal or wood.
74. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
75. A state in north central United States.
77. Not given to gentleness or sentimentality.
78. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
79. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
81. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
82. 100 toea equal 1 kina.
83. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
85. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
86. The battle in 1806 in which Napoleon decisively defeated the Prussians.
87. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
90. The residue that remains when something is burned.
91. An accountant certified by the state.
93. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
97. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.