1. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
4. Make less active or intense.
9. Cut down with an ax.
13. (computer science) Memory whose contents can be accessed and read but cannot be changed.
16. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
17. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
18. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
19. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
20. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
21. A black mineral that is an ore of niobium and tantalum.
23. The aggregate of actively swimming animals in a body of water ranging from microscopic organisms to whales.
25. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
27. Someone who delivers coal.
29. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
30. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
32. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
34. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
36. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
41. The square of a body of any size of type.
42. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
44. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
46. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
47. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
48. Foul with waste matter.
52. Proceeding from or ordered by or subject to a pope or the papacy regarded as the successor of the Apostles.
54. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
55. A ruff for the neck worn in the 16th century.
56. Lower in esteem.
57. A motley assortment of things.
60. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
61. Offspring of a male tiger and a female lion.
62. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
63. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
64. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
65. A deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks.
66. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
67. A quantity of no importance.
69. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
72. The recipient of funds or other benefits.
74. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
75. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
77. New Zealand conifer.
80. A doctor's degree in religion.
82. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
83. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
85. Free from fear or doubt.
90. A Russian river.
93. The female reproductive cell.
94. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
97. Large hairy humanoid creature said to live in the Himalayas.
98. (biology) Similarity because of common evolution.
100. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
101. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
102. Reflect light or colors like an opal.
103. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
1. By bad luck.
2. English monk and scholar (672-735).
3. Austrian composer (1860-1911).
4. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
5. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
6. Of the dull yellowish green of the meat of an avocado n 1.
7. A city in central Tanzania.
8. English essayist (1775-1834).
9. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
10. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
11. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
12. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
13. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
14. A slender double-reed instrument.
15. Tropical Asian starlings.
22. Considerate and solicitous care.
24. Plant cultivated for its enlarged fleshy turnip-shaped edible stem.
26. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
28. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
33. Having cusps or points.
35. Red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds.
37. 10 grams.
38. King of Saudi Arabia from 1964 to 1975 (1906-1975).
39. Aged or processed.
40. Showing a natural aptitude for something.
43. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
45. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
49. Having a specified kind of border or edge.
50. Of or relating to or involving an area.
51. A thin membrane lining the closed cavities of the body.
53. Not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam.
58. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
59. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
68. 1 species.
69. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
70. An (apparently) flying object whose nature is unknown.
71. Food that is discarded (as from a kitchen).
72. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
73. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
74. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
76. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
78. Greek philosopher and astronomer (who predicted an eclipse in 585 BC) who was said by Aristotle to be the founder of physical science.
79. Being nine more than ninety.
81. (medicine) Having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course.
84. An award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event.
86. At any time.
87. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
88. God of love and erotic desire.
89. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
91. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
92. The sixth month of the civil year.
95. The act of hopping (jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)).
96. Minor or subordinate.
99. A state in southeastern United States.
100. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.