1. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
4. An assertion of a right (as to money or property).
9. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
13. A small drink.
16. The capital and largest city of Japan.
17. United States baseball player (born 1925).
18. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
19. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
20. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
21. Genus of tall smooth herbs of forested mountains of Europe and Asia minor.
23. Relating to the veins of plants.
25. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
27. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
29. A slender double-reed instrument.
30. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
32. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
33. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
34. A crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement.
38. The probability of a specified outcome.
41. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
45. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
46. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
48. One thousandth of a second.
49. Country of southeastern Asia that extends southward along the isthmus of Kra to the Malay peninsula.
51. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
52. An industrial city in southern Poland on the Vistula.
54. Any plant of the genus Eryngium.
56. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
58. A medicine that induces nausea and vomiting.
60. A diplomat having less authority than an ambassador.
61. A warm dry wind that blows down the northern slopes of the Alps.
63. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
64. Used of a single unit or thing.
65. (prefix) Within.
67. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
69. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
70. Term of address for a man.
72. A mechanical device used for dicing food.
74. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
78. A member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons.
80. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
82. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
86. A sudden numbing dread.
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. (Greek mythology) The Muse of comedy and pastoral poetry.
92. (Irish) The sea personified.
93. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
94. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
96. English pianist (1890-1965).
97. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
98. Not only so, but.
99. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
100. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
1. King of Judea who (according to the New Testament) tried to kill Jesus by ordering the death of all children under age two in Bethlehem (73-4 BC).
2. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
3. (from a combination of MOdulate and DEModulate) Electronic equipment consisting of a device used to connect computers by a telephone line.
4. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
5. (of panes of glass) Fixed in place by means of thin strips of lead.
6. A covered passageway.
7. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
8. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
9. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
10. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
11. An underground enclosure with access from the surface of the ground or from the sea v 1.
12. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
13. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
14. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
15. Cry weakly or softly.
22. Being one more than one.
24. A violet photopigment in the retinal cones of the eyes of most vertebrates.
26. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
28. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
31. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
35. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
36. Not easy to combine harmoniously.
37. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
39. Small often brightly colored scaleless marine bottom-dwellers.
40. Siberian breed of white or cream dog of the spitz family.
42. Any of various large edible marine gastropods of the genus Haliotis having an ear-shaped shell with pearly interior.
43. Rebuffed (by a lover) without warning.
44. (Akkadian) Mother of the gods and consort of Apsu.
47. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
50. (trademark) An alloy of iron and nickel having a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
53. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
55. From sins, as in religious dogma.
57. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.
59. Act of writing in code or cipher.
62. A minor Hebrew prophet (8th century BC).
66. make ready or suitable in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc.
67. A covered passageway.
68. A member of a North American Plains people (now living in Oklahoma and Wyoming).
69. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
71. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
73. A short close-fitting coat.
74. A Mid-Atlantic state.
75. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
76. Grind together, of teeth.
77. An iconic mental representation.
78. A public promotion of some product or service.
79. Indigo bush.
81. In bed.
82. The square of a body of any size of type.
83. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
84. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
85. The eighth month of the civil year.
87. A database containing an ordered array of items (names or topics).
88. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
90. The month following April and preceding June.
95. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.