1. Select as an alternative.
4. (KNO3) Used especially as a fertilizer and explosive.
9. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
13. Make amends for.
16. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
17. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
18. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
19. Towards the side away from the wind.
20. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
21. 100 penni equal 1 markka.
22. Tough protective covering of the woody stems and roots of trees and other woody plants.
23. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
24. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
26. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
28. The second month of the Hindu calendar.
30. The residue that remains when something is burned.
32. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
34. Very spiny and dense evergreen shrub with fragrant golden-yellow flowers.
37. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
44. A reddish brown dye used especially on hair.
46. A woman of refinement.
48. A Baltic-Finnic language.
49. A battle between the successors of Alexander the Great (301 BC).
50. Make lighter or brighter.
52. An outburst resembling the discharge of firearms or the release of bombs.
53. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
55. Of or relating to or in the manner of the playwright Henrik Ibsen.
57. More of the same adv.
60. Goddess of fate.
61. A sheath worn to protect a finger.
62. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
63. God of fire.
65. Before noon.
68. (Norse mythology) The primeval giant slain by Odin and his brothers and from whose body they created the world.
70. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
71. (Spanish) Saffron-flavored dish made of rice with shellfish and chicken.
76. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
77. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
78. (law) Lacking any legal or binding force.
79. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
81. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
82. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
86. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
89. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
91. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
93. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
94. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
95. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
97. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
98. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
99. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
100. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
101. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
102. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. Type genus of the Pipidae.
3. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
4. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
5. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
6. Administration of a nutritionally adequate solution through a catheter into the vena cava.
7. Farm consisting of a large tract of land along with facilities needed to raise livestock (especially cattle).
8. English essayist (1775-1834).
9. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
10. Jordan's port.
11. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
12. British writer of short stories (1870-1916).
13. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
14. A beckoning gesture.
15. Not only so, but.
25. Division of a usually pinnately divided leaf.
27. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
29. A republic in northeastern Africa on the Red Sea.
31. Somewhat arid.
33. Any of various short-tailed furry-footed rodents of circumpolar distribution.
35. Carcinoma of the liver.
36. Small air-breathing arthropod.
38. Not in action or at work.
39. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
40. A deceptive maneuver (especially to avoid capture).
41. A small whitish lump in the skin due to a clogged sebaceous gland.
42. Of or relating to or characteristic of Bavaria or its people.
43. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living between Lake Chaplain and the Saint Lawrence River.
45. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
47. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
51. Very dark black.
54. Read anew.
56. Being of delicate or slender build.
58. Genus of hardy perennials with palmately lobed leaves and long racemes of small nodding five-petaled flowers.
59. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
64. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
66. Genus of tropical hardwood timber trees.
67. A sign posted in a public place as an advertisement.
69. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
72. A member of the people inhabiting an area of northern Mongolia and eastern Siberia.
73. An accountant certified by the state.
74. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
75. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
77. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
80. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
81. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
83. South African term for `boss'.
84. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
85. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
87. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
88. A small carriage in which a baby or child is pushed around.
90. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
92. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
96. A public promotion of some product or service.