1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
8. A small cake leavened with yeast.
12. The closing section of a musical composition.
16. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
17. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
18. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
19. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
20. (Greek mythology) A sea nymph transformed into a sea monster who lived on one side of a narrow strait.
22. Coating consisting of a thin layer of superior wood glued to a base of inferior wood.
24. A narrow way or road.
25. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
28. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
29. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
30. Of surpassing excellence.
33. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
34. Genus of South and Central American heathlike evergreen shrubs.
37. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
39. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
40. A city in northwestern Syria.
43. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
45. An unforeseen obstacle.
48. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
50. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living between Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.
52. A man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength.
53. The extreme end of something.
54. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
55. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
56. Being ten more than one hundred eighty.
57. Without moral standards or principles.
63. Any plant of the genus Silene.
64. A genus of Ploceidae.
65. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
66. Not in action or at work.
67. The second largest city in Tunisia.
68. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
69. Ancient name for the coastal region of northwestern Asia Minor (including Lesbos).
74. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
75. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
77. A form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature.
79. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
85. A source of danger.
88. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
90. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
92. Extremely pleasing.
93. Limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
94. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
96. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
97. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
98. A very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal).
99. An informal term for a father.
100. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. United States space station.
4. Ground snakes.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
7. Of or relating to or characteristic of Java or its inhabitants.
8. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
9. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
10. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
11. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
12. Round gourd of the calabash tree.
13. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
14. A Nilotic language.
15. Of or relating to or involving an area.
21. Somewhat late.
23. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
26. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
27. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
31. Not having a lining or liner.
32. The principles of right and wrong that are accepted by an individual or a social group.
35. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
36. Being or having an unknown or unnamed source.
38. Not exact.
41. Half the width of an em.
42. An ax used to slaughter cattle.
44. A Native American who lived in what is now southern Colorado and Utah and northern Arizona and New Mexico and who built cliff dwellings.
46. (geology) Used of the earliest known rocks.
47. A wandering scholar in medieval Europe.
49. Greek god of light.
51. Moderate in type or degree or effect or force.
58. Someone who walks unsteadily as if about to fall.
59. An associate degree in nursing.
60. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
61. With rapid movements.
62. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir.
70. Being nine more than ninety.
71. A set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together.
72. Being or dressed in clothes that are worn or torn.
73. Showing a sense of guilt.
76. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
78. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
80. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
81. A French abbot.
82. A member of an Indian people of northern California living along the Russian River valley and adjacent Pacific coast.
83. Using speech rather than writing.
84. A small wooded hollow.
86. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
87. God of love and erotic desire.
89. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary and stimulates growth of Graafian follicles in female mammals, and activates sperm-forming cells in male mammals.
91. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
92. A vigorous blow.
95. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.