1. Informal terms for clothing.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
9. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
13. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
16. A friendly nation.
17. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
18. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
19. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
20. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
21. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
22. In good health especially after having suffered illness or injury.
23. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
24. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
26. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
28. Combined or joined to increase in size or quantity or scope.
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
30. Snarled or stalled in complete confusion.
32. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
34. (prefix) Outside or outer.
35. An associate degree in nursing.
37. A large number or amount.
39. Before noon.
40. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
42. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
44. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
47. A United States youth subculture of the 1950s.
50. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
52. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
54. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
55. A master's degree in education.
56. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
58. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
59. Beside one another in a row or rank.
62. (religion) Of or pertaining to or characteristic of the branch of Protestantism adhering to the views of Wesley.
65. Denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten.
66. Small genus of tropical African perennial bulbous herbs with deciduous twining stems.
67. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
68. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
69. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
70. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
71. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
74. Socialist who wrote The Communist Manifesto with Karl Marx in 1848 (1820-1895).
77. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
81. Belonging to some prior time.
82. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
83. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
84. Having lost freshness or brilliance of color.
90. Make less visible or unclear.
94. The sixth month of the civil year.
96. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
97. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
99. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
101. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
102. A doctor's degree in education.
103. Drink made by steeping and boiling and fermenting rather than distilling.
104. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
105. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
2. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
3. A brittle transparent solid with irregular atomic structure.
4. English physician (1624-1689).
5. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
6. Thick spicy sauce made from tomatoes.
7. God of fire.
8. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
9. United States astronomer (1835-1909).
10. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
11. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
12. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
13. A clap of the hands to indicate approval.
14. A medieval helmet with a visor and a neck guard.
15. Australian clover fern.
25. Of or like a cecum.
27. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
29. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
31. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
33. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
36. Of or relating to Nigeria.
38. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
41. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
43. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
45. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
46. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
48. Italian operatic soprano (born in 1922).
49. Disgraceful gossip about the private lives of other people.
51. A white powder with a pleasant taste and odor.
53. Being derived from.
57. A grant made by a law court.
60. German geophysicist who proposed the theory of continental drift (1880-1930).
61. Lower in esteem.
63. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
64. The 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
72. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
73. Jointed and nearly leafless desert shrub having reduced scalelike leaves and reddish fleshy seeds.
74. A clap of the hands to indicate approval.
75. French film maker influenced by surrealism.
76. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
78. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
79. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
80. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
85. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
86. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
87. Again but in a new or different way.
88. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
89. Type genus of the Anatidae.
91. Fail to do something.
92. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
93. Offering fun and gaiety.
95. (Irish) The sea personified.
96. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
98. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
100. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.