1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. A yellow quartz.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. Capital of Nigeria in the center of the country.
18. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
19. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
20. The cry made by sheep.
21. (combining form) Having a face or visage as specified.
22. Great nature goddess of ancient Phrygia in Asia Minor.
24. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
26. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
27. Inflammation of a gland or lymph node.
29. A low heavy horsecart without sides.
31. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
33. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
34. Remove the hand from.
37. A partially opened flower.
39. A white secretion of the sebaceous glands of the foreskin.
43. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
46. A castrated tomcat.
48. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
49. Something unusual -- perhaps worthy of collecting.
50. Of or relating to a directionless magnitude.
52. Eaten as mush or as a thin gruel.
53. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
54. A person forced to flee from home or country.
55. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
56. Divisible by two.
57. Relating to a recently developed fashion or style.
59. Russian choreographer (1834-1905).
62. The craniometric point that is the most prominent point at the back of the head (at the occipital protuberance).
64. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
65. A person's brother or sister.
66. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
67. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
69. A state in midwestern United States.
70. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
73. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
74. The form in which carbohydrate are stored.
78. American novelist (1909-1955).
80. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
81. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
83. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
85. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
91. The herpes virus that causes infectious mononucleosis.
94. The outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges.
95. (informal) Of the highest quality.
96. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
97. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
98. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
99. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
100. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
101. Offering fun and gaiety.
102. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. A deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells).
3. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
4. A building with a bar that is licensed to sell alcoholic drinks.
5. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
6. English theologian who (with John Henry Newman and John Keble) founded the Oxford Movement (1800-1882).
7. Slightly open.
8. The capital of Croatia.
9. An informal term for a father.
10. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
11. Any skeletal muscle having two origins (but especially the muscle that flexes the forearm).
12. Lack of strength or vigor esp from illness.
13. Agitation resulting from active worry.
14. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
15. In the Roman calendar.
23. A period of 2 months.
25. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
28. An honorary degree in science.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
32. Minute single-celled green freshwater organism having a single flagella.
35. Of or relating to neurons.
36. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
38. Showing the cunning or ingenuity or wickedness typical of a devil.
41. A member of the Algonquian people of NE Maine and New Brunswick.
42. Disposed or willing to comply.
44. Savory jelly based on fish or meat stock used as a mold for meats or vegetables.
45. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
47. A swaggering show of courage.
51. Jordan's port.
58. An ornamental net in the shape of a bag that confines a woman's hair.
60. Characteristic of false pride.
61. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
63. Come to pass.
68. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
69. English theologian who (with John Henry Newman and John Keble) founded the Oxford Movement (1800-1882).
71. Sea otters.
72. Gull family.
73. Agitation resulting from active worry.
75. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
76. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
77. Being nine more than ninety.
79. Rip off.
80. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
82. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
84. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
86. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
87. Stalk of a moss capsule.
88. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
89. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
90. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
92. A flexible container with a single opening.
93. 10 grams.