1. Charge against a citizen's person or property or activity for the support of government.
4. (informal) "in the dumps".
9. A federally chartered corporation that purchases mortgages.
13. A sharp change in direction.
16. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
17. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
18. Old World wild swine having a narrow body and prominent tusks from which most domestic swine come.
19. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
20. Make a vibrant noise, of grasshoppers or cicadas.
22. An instance of oratory.
25. Small genus of South American trees yielding latex.
26. English essayist (1775-1834).
27. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
28. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
31. English explorer and admiral who was the first Englishman to circumnavigate the globe and who helped to defeat the Spanish Armada (1540-1596).
33. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
34. Bell attached to a sleigh, or to harness of horse pulling a sleigh.
38. Long-tailed black-and-white bird that utters a chattering call.
41. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
42. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
44. Of or relating to or near the nares.
47. Not widely known.
48. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
50. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
51. The template for protein synthesis.
52. (British abbreviation) "he accepted it on appro".
54. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living in northern Indiana and southern Michigan.
57. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
58. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
59. Enthusiastic approval.
62. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
63. Genus of showy plants of western North America having palmate leaves and variously colored racemose flowers.
66. Lack of strength or vigor esp from illness.
69. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
70. An honorary arts degree.
73. A state in midwestern United States.
74. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
75. (of the moon) "after full moon comes the waning moon".
77. Jordan's port.
79. A writer of poems (the term is usually reserved for writers of good poetry).
80. A man who courts a woman.
81. Absence of the mammary glands (either through surgery or developmental defect).
83. Award-winning United States film actor (1928-1999).
86. An inclination of the top half of the body forward and downward.
87. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
91. Small genus of perennial herbs or subshrubs.
94. Normally existing at birth.
96. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
97. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
98. A city in western Germany.
100. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
101. An honorary degree in science.
102. One or some or every or all without specification.
103. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
104. A small cake leavened with yeast.
105. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
1. A school teaching mechanical and industrial arts and the applied sciences.
2. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
3. Being four more than ninety.
4. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
5. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
6. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
7. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
8. Characterized by dignity and propriety.
9. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
10. A member of the Wakashan people living on Vancouver Island and in the Cape Flattery region of northwestern Washington.
11. Italian painter and engraver noted for his frescoes (1431-1506).
12. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
13. An ancient kingdom of southern Palestine with Jerusalem as its center.
14. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
15. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
21. A person who rescues you from harm or danger.
23. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
24. Establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts.
30. A French abbot.
32. Genus of widely distributed agarics that have white spores and are poisonous with few exceptions.
35. Oldest known reptiles.
36. (Greek mythology) A son of Zeus who became king of Lycia.
37. Former name for the order Crocodylia.
39. An informal term for a father.
40. A genus of Mustelidae.
43. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
45. Give life-like qualities to.
46. Beat with a cane.
49. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
53. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
55. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
56. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
60. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
61. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
64. Bristlelike process near the tip of the antenna of certain flies.
65. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
67. The dispersion of the Jews from Palestine after the Babylonian exile (358 BC).
68. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
71. The sport of gliding on skates.
72. The friend of Phintias who pledged his life that Phintias would return (4th century BC).
76. East Indian tree widely cultivated in the tropics for its aromatic seed.
78. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
82. Region of western Asia Minor colonized by Ancient Greeks.
84. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
85. Containing an unusual amount of grease or oil.
88. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
89. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
90. Produced by a manufacturing process.
92. Inflammation of the urethra of unknown cause.
93. The sign language used in the United States.
95. An unforeseen obstacle.
99. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.