1. Blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi.
4. A Hindu religious teacher.
9. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
13. A widely distributed system of free and fixed macrophages derived from bone marrow.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. (usually in the plural) A garment extending from the waist to the knee or ankle, covering each leg separately.
18. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
19. Being one more than two.
20. In a silky manner.
22. (of eggs) No longer edible.
24. A boy or man.
25. Flesh of large European flatfish.
29. A resident of Iowa.
31. A bet that you can pick the first and second finishers in the right order.
33. The clay from which adobe bricks are made.
36. A Mid-Atlantic state.
37. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
40. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
43. An associate degree in nursing.
44. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
46. Grayish baboon of southern and eastern Africa.
48. (Spanish) Saffron-flavored dish made of rice with shellfish and chicken.
51. A contestant who loses the contest.
53. Of or relating to drama.
55. Of a moderate orange-yellow color.
56. Lacking motor coordination.
59. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
60. A chronic drinker.
61. Perennial northern temperate plant with toothed leaves and heads of small purplish-white flowers.
64. A body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme.
68. A friction match with a large head that will stay alight in the wind.
69. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
70. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
71. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
73. A city in the European part of Russia.
74. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
78. A decree that prohibits something.
80. Squash bugs.
83. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
86. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
90. Covered with paving material.
93. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
95. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
96. The imperial dynasty of China from 1368 to 1644.
97. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
99. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
101. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
102. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
103. A fraudulent business scheme.
104. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
105. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
1. A small tuft or lock.
2. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
3. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
4. (botany) Having or relating to spikes.
5. Polish labor leader and statesman (born in 1943).
6. One or some or every or all without specification.
7. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
8. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
9. The probability of a specified outcome.
10. English courtier (a favorite of Elizabeth I) who tried to colonize Virginia.
11. Any system of principles or beliefs.
12. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
13. The capital of Lombardy in northern Italy.
14. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
15. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
21. German expressionist painter (1880-1938).
23. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
26. A state in New England.
27. Biennial weed in Europe and America having large pinnate leaves and yellow flowers and a bitter and somewhat poisonous root.
30. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
32. Carpenter bees.
34. An acrobat who balances himself in difficult positions.
35. Eruption on a mucous membrane (as the inside of the mouth) occurring as a symptom of a disease.
38. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
39. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
41. Any of various units of weight used in SE Asia (especially a Chinese measure equal to 500 grams).
42. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
45. British choreographer (1906-1988).
47. A cigar made with light-colored tobacco.
49. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
50. act between parties with a view to reconciling differences.
52. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
54. Of or relating to or supporting Hinduism.
57. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
58. An emergency procedure consisting of external cardiac massage and artificial respiration.
62. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
63. Normal relaxed breathing.
65. A hard green Swiss cheese made with skim-milk curd and flavored with clover.
66. (informal) Of the highest quality.
67. The airforce of Great Britain.
72. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
75. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
76. A broom made of twigs tied together on a long handle.
77. A blanket that is used as a cloak or shawl.
78. English film actress (1913-1967).
79. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
81. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
82. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
84. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
85. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
86. An uproarious party.
87. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
88. A feeling of intense anger.
89. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
91. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
92. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
94. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
98. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
100. A state in midwestern United States.