1. An honorary law degree.
4. A desert in southern Israel.
9. (Roman mythology) God of love.
13. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. With rapid movements.
18. Among the largest bony fish.
19. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
20. A colorless volatile water-soluble liquid aldehyde used chiefly in manufacture of acetic acid and perfumes and drugs.
22. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
24. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
25. A corporation authorized by Congress to provide a secondary market for residential mortgages.
26. (music) A short recitative that is melodic but is not an aria.
27. Affect with wonder.
29. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
30. Genus of twining leafless parasitic herbs lacking chlorophyll.
32. Chick-pea plant.
36. An ancient town on Crete where Bronze Age culture flourished from about 2000 BC to 1400 BC.
40. Come into existence.
42. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
44. A framework that holds the panes of a window in the window frame.
45. (New Testament) Disciple of Jesus.
46. The track on which trams or streetcars run.
48. (prefix) Within.
49. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
51. Gone by.
52. Having been taken in marriage.
53. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
54. A male relative.
57. (British) A linear measure of 16.5 feet.
58. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
59. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
60. The state of being covered with unclean things.
62. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
68. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
69. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
71. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
72. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a relatively small set of computer instructions that it can perform.
73. A Hindu disciple of a swami.
75. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
77. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
79. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
83. A hiding place.
85. Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight.
87. The eleventh month of the civil year.
88. Oil palms.
90. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
91. (prefix) Half or partial.
93. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
94. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
96. A decree that prohibits something.
97. One thousandth of a second.
98. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
99. (archaic) A fitting reward.
100. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. (`lief' is archaic) Very willing.
2. A narrow thin strip of wood used as backing for plaster or to make latticework.
3. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
4. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
5. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
6. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
7. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
8. A distensible membranous sac (usually containing liquid or gas).
9. Collect or gather.
10. Of or relating to or characteristic of Morocco or its people.
11. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
12. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
13. Largest known toad species.
14. Harass with persistent criticism or carping.
15. Soft creamy white cheese.
21. Suffering from a partial loss of memory.
23. Old World ground-living cuckoo having a long dagger-like hind claw.
28. Brought together into a group or crowd.
31. (of stone especially) Not given a finished form by or as if by hewing.
33. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
34. Of or relating or belonging to a city.
35. Surrounded or enclosed by the sea.
37. Antihypertensive consisting of an alkaloid extracted from the plant Rauwolfia serpentina (trade names Raudixin or Rau-Sed or Sandril or Serpasil).
38. A tumor of bone tissue.
39. Wearing footgear.
41. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
43. A member of the Algonquian people formerly inhabiting the Maritime Provinces of Canada.
47. Prokaryotic bacteria and blue-green algae and various primitive pathogens.
50. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
55. The skin that covers the top of the head.
56. A short synopsis.
61. Of or involving the rectum.
63. In bed.
64. Having or exerting a malignant influence.
65. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
66. French explorer who claimed Louisiana for France (1643-1687).
67. A woman who is engaged to be married.
68. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
70. The cry made by sheep.
74. An itchy skin eruption characterized by weals with pale interiors and well-defined red margins.
75. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
76. City in Sudan.
78. State in northeastern India.
80. Jordan's port.
81. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
82. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
84. Having little physical or spiritual strength.
85. An associate degree in nursing.
86. With no effort to conceal.
89. The longest division of geological time.
92. A state in New England.
95. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.