1. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
4. Warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings.
8. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
12. (linguistics) The form of a word after all affixes are removed.
16. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
17. Again but in a new or different way.
18. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
19. The imperial dynasty of China from 1122 to 221 BC.
20. The basic unit of money in Romania.
21. Charge falsely or with malicious intent.
23. A female ogre.
24. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
26. (of mines and mining) Worked from the exposed surface.
28. Of or relating to near the ear.
29. An African grass economically important as a cereal grass (yielding white flower of good quality) as well as for forage and hay.
31. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
32. A native or inhabitant of Bhutan.
34. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
37. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
39. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
40. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
41. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
43. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
45. Inventory accounting in which the most recently acquired items are assumed to be the first sold.
49. Enthusiastic approval.
51. A landlocked principality in the Himalayas northeast of India.
55. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
56. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
57. The capital of Mali.
58. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
60. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
63. A fishing net with three layers.
65. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
66. The second largest of the Hawaiian Islands.
67. Being here now.
68. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
72. Atlantic coast round clams with hard shells.
73. A wealthy man (who made his fortune in the Orient).
76. Be seated.
79. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
80. A town in southwestern British Columbia on Vancouver Island west of Vancouver.
84. Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange.
86. A native or inhabitant of Afghanistan.
89. English psychologist who collaborated with I. A. Richards in designing Basic English (1889-1957).
90. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
92. The sixth month of the Hindu calendar.
94. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
95. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
96. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
98. Type genus of the Anatidae.
100. A person regarded as greedy and pig-like.
101. Any small compartment.
102. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
103. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
104. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
1. A master's degree in library science.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Ending in a sharp point.
4. The cry made by sheep.
5. To the degree or extent.
6. A fabric with prominent rounded crosswise ribs.
7. A person of unquestioning obedience.
8. Having the properties of glue.
9. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
10. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
11. Distinctly separate from the first.
12. Relating to or having or lying within a scrotum.
13. The 8th letter of the Greek alphabet.
14. A red fluorescent dye resulting from the action of bromine on fluorescein.
15. True mosses.
22. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
25. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
27. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
30. A sudden quick movement.
33. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
35. (abbreviated `ha') A unit of surface area equal to 100 ares (or 10,000 square meters).
36. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
38. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
42. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
44. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
46. A large Yoruba city in southwestern Nigeria.
47. Widely known and esteemed.
48. Type genus of the Otariidae.
50. Of or relating to or affecting a lobe.
52. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
53. Understood in a certain way.
54. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
59. A canvas or leather bag for carrying game (especially birds) killed by a hunter.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
62. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
64. One-thousandth of an equivalent.
69. Worthy of notice.
70. Kauri pine.
71. (electronics) Designating sound transmission or recording or reproduction over a single channel.
74. Type genus of the Annonaceae.
75. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
77. Complacently or inanely foolish.
78. A picturesque mountainous province of western Austria.
81. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
82. Red Bordeaux wine from the Medoc district of southwestern France.
83. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
85. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
87. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
88. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
91. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
93. (British) Your grandmother.
97. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
99. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
100. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.