1. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
5. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
9. Inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence.
13. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
16. An informal term for a father.
17. A hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward.
18. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
19. (informal) Of the highest quality.
20. Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange.
21. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
22. A rounded projection or protuberance.
23. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
24. A corticosteroid drug (trade names Decadron or Dexamethasone Intensol or Dexone or Hexadrol or Oradexon) used to treat allergies or inflammation.
28. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
29. Any of several fleet black-and-white striped African equines.
31. Brightly colored carnivorous fish of western Atlantic and West Indies waters.
35. The superior of a group of nuns.
37. Complacently or inanely foolish.
38. Very fertile.
41. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
44. Situated at the top or highest position.
45. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
46. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
48. Grayish baboon of southern and eastern Africa.
50. An American follower of the Mennonite Bishop Amman.
53. (of a musical instrument) Intermediate between alto and baritone or bass.
55. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
56. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
57. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
60. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
61. The twelfth month of the civil year.
62. Artificial and inferior.
63. A device (trade name Aqua-Lung) that lets divers breathe under water.
65. Immediately past.
67. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
69. Goddess of fertility.
70. A building used to house military personnel v 1.
73. Canadian economist best remembered for his humorous writings (1869-1944).
75. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
78. Any plant of the genus Phacelia.
80. An oxide containing two atoms of oxygen in the molecule.
82. Using speech rather than writing.
83. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
87. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
88. Pale yellow seedless grape used for raisins and wine.
91. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
93. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
94. American Revolutionary leader from Virginia whose objections led to the drafting of the Bill of Rights (1725-1792).
95. A small cake leavened with yeast.
97. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
98. A police officer who investigates crimes.
99. Very attentive or observant.
100. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
101. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. An edible tuber native to South America.
2. Sheet glass cut in shapes for windows or doors.
3. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
4. Relating to or denoting or characteristic of Catalonia or its inhabitants.
5. A short synopsis.
6. Knock unconscious or senseless.
7. A festival featuring African-American culture.
8. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
9. The capital of Turkey.
10. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
11. Very dark black.
12. Give a nickname to.
13. A town in northern France on the Strait of Dover that serves as a ferry port to England.
14. Sour or bitter in taste.
15. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
25. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
26. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
27. (anatomy) Being in or directed toward the midline or mesial plane of the body.
30. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
32. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
33. Type genus of the Tapiridae.
34. Someone who masturbates by rubbing against another person (as in a crowd).
36. Related to or located at the back.
39. Model of excellence or perfection of a kind.
40. The basic unit of money in Sweden.
42. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
43. A mask with a filter protects the face an lungs against poisonous gases.
47. The Jewish rite of circumcision performed on a male child on the eighth day of his life.
49. Outstanding Italian operatic tenor (1873-1921).
51. A type of house built in New England.
52. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
54. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
58. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
59. A bachelor's degree in science.
64. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
66. Proceeding in small stages.
67. Knock unconscious or senseless.
68. A loose cloak with a hood.
69. Give a nickname to.
71. Small genus of aquatic or semiaquatic plants.
72. An unstable meson produced as the result of a high-energy particle collision.
74. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
76. German poet (born in Austria) whose imagery and mystic lyricism influenced 20-th century German literature (1875-1926).
77. The dialect of Ancient Greek spoken in Thessaly and Boeotia and Aeolis.
79. Infestation of the pubic hair by crab lice.
81. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
84. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
85. Grains used as food either unpolished or more often polished.
86. Material used to daub walls.
89. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
90. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
92. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
96. A radioactive element of the actinide series.