1. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
4. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
9. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
13. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
16. Gone by.
17. United States songwriter noted for his protest songs (born in 1941).
18. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
19. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
20. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
21. An amine containing the double bond linkage -C=C-N-.
23. Positioned so as to be ready for confrontation or danger.
25. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
27. Tuberous or rhizomatous herbaceous perennials.
29. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
30. A deep bow.
32. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
33. Any taillike structure.
35. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
37. A state of extreme confusion and disorder.
41. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
43. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
47. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
48. Singing jazz.
50. Indonesian statesman who obtained the independence of Indonesia from the Netherlands in 1949 and served as president until ousted by Suharto in a coup d'etat (1901-1970).
53. Razor clams.
54. A weekday on which no feast is celebrated.
56. A used automobile tire that has been remolded to give it new treads.
57. Relating to or containing the azo radical.
58. A wall hanging of heavy handwoven fabric with pictorial designs.
59. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
62. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
63. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
64. A native or inhabitant of Iran.
65. In addition.
68. Originally a stronghold captured by David (the 2nd king of the Israelites).
70. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
71. In accordance with nature.
74. At or constituting a border or edge.
75. Denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten.
77. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
79. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
81. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
84. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
88. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
89. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
93. An informal term for a father.
94. The cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one.
95. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
96. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
97. A doctor's degree in education.
98. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
99. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
100. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
101. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
1. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
2. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
3. A hard ferromagnetic silver-white bivalent or trivalent metallic element.
4. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
5. The branch of mechanics concerned with the forces that cause motions of bodies.
6. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
7. Inclined to or serving for the giving of names.
8. Native to Egypt but cultivated widely for its aromatic seeds and the oil from them used medicinally and as a flavoring in cookery.
9. The wool of a sheep or similar animal.
10. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
11. Tropical American tree with large peltate leaves and hollow stems.
12. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
13. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
14. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
15. An informal term for a father.
22. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
24. A port city in southwestern Iran.
26. Genus of New Zealand mat-forming herbs or subshrubs.
28. Informal terms for a mother.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. A Mid-Atlantic state.
36. Provide with a terrace, as of a house.
38. The capital and largest city of Zambia.
39. A resident of Arizona.
40. (trademark) A type of fiberboard.
42. Tropical American shrub bearing edible acid red fruit resembling cherries.
44. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
45. A thin tapered rod used by a conductor to direct an orchestra.
46. A driver who obstructs others.
49. The act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal).
51. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. (Greek mythology) Any of the 50 sea nymphs who were daughters of the sea god Nereus.
55. The residue that remains when something is burned.
60. A Loloish language.
61. A plumbing fixture (usually attached to the wall) used by men to urinate.
66. The basic unit of money in Mauritania.
67. Very spicy sauce made from tabasco peppers.
68. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
69. (superlative of `near' or `nigh') Most near.
70. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
72. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
73. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
76. In the same place (used when citing a reference).
77. The money risked on a gamble.
78. A Russian river.
80. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
82. Soft white semisolid fat obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of the hog v 1.
83. Advanced in years.
85. An informal term for a father.
86. A quantity of no importance.
87. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
90. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
91. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
92. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.