1. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
4. A member of the Uniat Church.
9. The month following August and preceding October.
13. An honorary degree in science.
16. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
17. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
18. The basic unit of money in China.
19. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
20. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
21. Reproduce someone's behavior or looks.
22. A short heavy curved sword with one edge.
24. A small motor nerve supplying the lateral rectus muscle of the eye.
26. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
28. A genus of Mustelidae.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
31. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
41. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
43. Any plant of the genus Veronica.
47. Offering fun and gaiety.
48. Hard fat around the kidneys and loins in beef and mutton.
49. A resident of Alabama.
50. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
51. A severe or trying experience.
53. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
54. A form of address for a man.
55. God of the earth.
56. White sheep originating in Spain and producing a heavy fleece of exceptional quality.
59. (of meat) Cooked by dry heat in an oven.
61. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
62. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
63. One of the elements that collectively form a system of numbers.
65. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
69. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
70. A state in New England.
71. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
74. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
79. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
83. African mahogany trees.
86. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
87. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
88. An associate degree in applied science.
89. The ninth month of the Moslem calendar.
93. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
94. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
95. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
97. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
98. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
99. United States sculptor (born in 1924).
100. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
101. The starting place for each hole on a golf course.
1. Of a pale purple color.
2. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
3. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
4. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
5. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
6. The formation of frost or ice on a surface.
7. An honorary arts degree.
8. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
9. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
10. Military action involving the use of electromagnetic energy to determine or exploit or reduce or prevent hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
11. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
12. God of war and sky.
13. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
14. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
15. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
23. Attack with teargas.
25. A member of the Uniat Church.
27. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
32. A mountain in south central Alaska.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. A canvas bag that is used to feed an animal (such as a horse).
35. Rounded like an egg.
36. A port and state capital of Tasmania.
37. A genus of Pleuronectidae.
38. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
39. An obsolete kind of container used for distillation.
40. Provide commentary for a film, for example.
42. The outermost region of the sun's atmosphere.
44. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
45. Usually elongate cluster of flowers along the main stem in which the flowers at the base open first.
46. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
52. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
57. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
58. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
60. Improperly forward or bold.
64. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
66. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
67. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
68. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
72. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
73. Of or relating to a creed.
75. Twist or braid together, interlace.
76. (botany) Especially of leaves.
77. Jordan's port.
78. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
80. King of France elected in 987 and founding the Capetian dynasty (940-996).
81. Of or like a feeble old woman.
82. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
84. Not easy.
85. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
90. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
91. A periodic paperback publication.
92. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
96. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.