1. A rapid bustling commotion.
4. An upright tripod for displaying something (usually an artist's canvas).
9. The basic unit of money on Malta.
13. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
16. Lacking in light.
17. The capital and largest city of Lithuania.
18. In bed.
19. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
20. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
21. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
22. A growth in strength or number or importance.
23. Rare (usually fatal) brain disease (usually in middle age) caused by an unidentified slow virus.
24. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
26. A compound of sulphur and some other element that is more electropositive.
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
31. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
32. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
34. Saudi Arabian minister of petroleum who was a central figure in the creation of OPEC (born in 1930).
36. Proceeding from or ordered by or subject to a pope or the papacy regarded as the successor of the Apostles.
39. The basic unit of money in Russia.
42. An ancient city in southeastern Greece.
46. Any plant of the genus Erica.
47. Liquid excretory product.
49. Suddenly and violently broken open especially from internal pressure.
50. English chemist who was a pioneer in electrochemistry and who used it to isolate elements sodium and potassium and barium and boron and calcium and magnesium and chlorine (1778-1829).
51. Notched like a saw with teeth pointing toward the apex.
54. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
55. A corporation's first offer to sell stock to the public.
56. An informal conversation.
58. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
61. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
63. A unit of pain intensity.
64. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
65. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
69. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
70. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
71. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
72. The sixth month of the civil year.
73. Formerly a contemptuous term of address to an inferior man or boy.
78. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
81. Liquid excretory product.
84. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
88. Give pleasure to.
90. Compulsory force or threat.
92. The state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it.
93. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
94. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
96. A slender double-reed instrument.
97. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
98. (informal) Roused to anger.
99. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
100. Type genus of the Nepidae.
101. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
102. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
1. American Revolutionary patriot.
2. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
3. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
4. Divisible by two.
5. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
6. A fighter who slashes.
7. The feeling of being bored by something tedious.
8. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
9. Gull family.
10. In the same place (used when citing a reference).
11. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
12. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
13. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
14. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
15. A genus of Pyralidae.
25. The jurisdiction or office of an abbot.
27. A blank leaf in the front of back of a book.
28. A small tropical cephalopod of the genus Spirula having prominent eyes and short arms and a many-chambered shell coiled in a flat spiral.
30. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
33. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
35. Tag the base runner to get him out.
37. A member of a North American Plains people (now living in Oklahoma and Wyoming).
38. Being of crucial importance.
40. A state of commotion and loud confused noise.
41. The capital of Switzerland.
43. The father of your father or mother.
44. A tumor of bone tissue.
45. Indicating the most important performer or role.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. Oblong cream puff.
53. A landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia north of Afghanistan.
57. An informal term for a father.
59. Inability to walk.
60. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
62. Characteristic of false pride.
66. Indian statesman and leader with Gandhi in the struggle for home rule.
67. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
68. Baked dish of layers of lasagna pasta with sauce and cheese and meat or vegetables.
69. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
74. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
75. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
76. Greek author of fables (circa 620-560 BC).
77. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
79. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
80. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
82. Extremely robust.
83. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
85. Weight to be borne or conveyed.
86. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
87. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
89. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
91. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
95. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.