1. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
4. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
8. Free from risk or danger.
12. Any tiny hole admitting passage of a liquid (fluid or gas).
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. A city of central China.
18. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
19. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
20. A small cake leavened with yeast.
22. English literary critic who collaborated with C. K. Ogden and contributed to the development of Basic English (1893-1979).
24. United States writer noted for his droll epigrams (1902-1971).
25. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
26. Be compatible or in accordance with.
27. A small hole (usually round and finished around the edges) in cloth or leather for the passage of a cord.
29. A tiny cavity filled with fluid in the cytoplasm of a cell.
32. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
33. Any of a class of solid or semisolid viscous substances obtained either as exudations from certain plants or prepared by polymerization of simple molecules.
36. An involuntary spasm of ineffectual vomiting.
38. (from a combination of MOdulate and DEModulate) Electronic equipment consisting of a device used to connect computers by a telephone line.
42. United States composer noted for his innovative use of polytonality (1874-1954).
43. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
45. An anti-inflammatory drug that does not contain steroids.
47. A beautiful and graceful girl.
48. (Roman mythology) Goddess of agriculture.
50. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
52. The cry made by sheep.
53. The twelfth month of the civil year.
54. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
55. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
57. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 foot/sec/sec to a mass of 1 pound.
58. Elegant and stylish.
60. Greek lyric poet remembered for his odes (518?-438? BC).
62. Small genus of shrubs and lianas and trees of Africa and Madagascar.
65. Heal or recover.
66. A city in northwestern Turkey.
68. A republic in the West Indies on the western part of the island of Hispaniola.
69. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
71. Flexible twig of a willow tree.
72. Elk or moose.
73. A surveying instrument for measuring horizontal and vertical angles, consisting of a small telescope mounted on a tripod.
77. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Carolinas.
78. Either of the two main stops on a pipe organ.
80. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
84. Redness and irritation of the skin caused by exposure to high-velocity wind.
89. A strong emotion.
90. A member of a subgroup of people who inhabit Lesotho.
92. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
93. Lacking in rigor or strictness.
94. Frogs, toads, tree toads.
95. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
97. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
98. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
99. Especially pleasing to the taste.
100. Fallow deer.
101. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
102. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
1. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
4. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
5. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
6. A member of a North American Indian people living east of the Sacramento river in California.
7. A mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving.
8. A religious adviser (not necessarily a priest) in the Eastern Orthodox Church.
9. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
10. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
11. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
12. (Greek mythology) The wife of Odysseus and a symbol of devotion and fidelity.
13. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
14. A growth in strength or number or importance.
15. Not fake or counterfeit.
21. Give advice to.
23. Capital of the state of Montana.
28. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
30. An associate degree in nursing.
31. Of or relating to Chios.
34. Hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers.
35. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
37. Superior Bordeaux type of red wine from California.
39. Of or relating to Delphi or to the oracles of Apollo at Delphi.
40. Having or showing profound knowledge.
41. English Pre-Raphaelite painter (1829-1896).
44. An evil spirit.
46. Material used to daub walls.
49. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
51. One of the dwelling units in a condominium.
56. Of or relating to or venerating the Virgin Mary.
59. Mostly small blennioid fishes of coral reefs and seagrass beds.
61. A public dance hall for dancing to recorded popular music.
63. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
64. Relating to or lying near the palate.
67. Remove from memory or existence.
70. 1 species.
71. A member of a North American Indian people living east of the Sacramento river in California.
74. An accessory or adjoining anatomical parts or appendages (especially of the embryo).
75. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
76. The part of the foot of a vertebrate between the metatarsus and the leg.
79. A disrespectful laugh.
81. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
85. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
86. Any of various tailless stout-bodied amphibians with long hind limbs for leaping.
87. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
88. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
89. Run away secretly with one's beloved.
91. A branch of the Tai languages.
96. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.