1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
5. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
9. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
13. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
16. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
17. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
18. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
19. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
20. Wearing footgear.
21. A reason for wanting something done.
22. Sound recording consisting of a disc with continuous grooves.
23. A light touch or stroke.
24. Mental lethargy or dullness.
28. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
29. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
31. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
33. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
36. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
38. Infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi and appearing as itching circular patches.
41. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
45. A long-playing phonograph record.
46. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
47. Regional and archaic.
48. Informal terms for a mother.
51. Informal terms for clothing.
53. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
54. An abdominal tumor.
56. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
58. Genus of Australian ladybugs.
61. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
62. Italian physiologist noted for his discovery that frogs' muscles contracted in an electric field (which led to the galvanic cell) (1737-1798).
64. Having the slant of a bevel.
66. English essayist (1775-1834).
67. In a state of sleep.
70. A member of the Indian people of northern California and southern Oregon.
73. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
75. Lower in esteem.
76. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
80. Male roe deer.
82. Drawn into the lungs.
83. Experiencing or marked by or causing sadness or sorrow or discontent.
87. A state in the western United States.
88. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
92. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
93. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
95. Cancel, annul, or reverse an action or its effect.
96. A German man.
97. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
98. Quality of being active or spirited or vigorous.
99. Fill to satisfaction.
100. Canadian literary critic interested in the use of myth and symbolism (1912-1991).
101. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
1. United States writer noted for his droll epigrams (1902-1971).
2. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
3. A judicial certificate saying that a will is genuine and conferring on the executors the power to administer the estate.
4. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
5. A book in the Old Testament describing how Joshua led the Israelites into Canaan (the Promised Land) after the death of Moses.
6. Toward the mouth or oral region.
7. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
8. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
9. (sports) With hand brought forward and up from below shoulder level.
10. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
11. A fabric woven with lisle thread.
12. A United Nations agency that invest directly in companies and guarantees loans to private investors.
13. Wish harm upon.
14. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
15. A small cake leavened with yeast.
25. The fifth day of the week.
26. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
27. The capital of Nationalist China.
30. Of textiles.
32. The presence of an unwanted signal via an accidental coupling.
34. Of or relating to a wedding.
35. Any heathlike evergreen shrub of the genus Epacris grown for their showy and crowded spikes of small bell-shaped or tubular flowers.
37. A B vitamin essential for the normal function of the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract.
39. Violent or severe weather (viewed as caused by the action of the four elements).
40. Plants having flowers in umbels.
42. Any of several plants of the genus Manihot having fleshy roots yielding a nutritious starch.
43. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
44. A river in central Italy rising in the Apennines and flowing through Florence and Pisa to the Ligurian Sea.
49. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
50. Ruffed grouse.
52. (Old Testament) Samson's Philistine mistress who betrayed him by cutting off his hair and so deprived him of his strength.
55. Informal terms for a meal.
57. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
59. Nocturnal wildcat of Central and South America having a dark-spotted buff-brown coat.
60. A mistake resulting from inattention.
63. Consisting of or resembling mother-of-pearl.
65. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
68. 16 ounces.
69. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
71. Shading consisting of multiple crossing lines.
72. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
74. Someone who abuses.
75. A small island.
77. (trademark) An alloy of iron and nickel having a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
78. United States film actress (born in Sweden) known for her reclusiveness (1905-1990).
79. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
80. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
81. Consisting of or involving a single element or component.
84. Having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly.
85. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
86. Noisy talk.
89. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
90. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
91. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
94. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.