1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. Malicious burning to destroy property.
9. (British) Colloquial terms for an umbrella.
13. A small amount of liquid food.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. Diuretic drug (trade name Naqua) used to treat hypertension.
18. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
19. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
20. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
21. Container for coal.
23. A quick look.
25. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
27. In a hurried or hasty manner.
28. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
29. A ship with a reinforced bow to break up ice and keep channels open for navigation.
32. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
37. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
43. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
44. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
45. Long, usually formal, woman's dress.
46. A small adhesive disk of paste.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. Provided with something intended to increase its beauty or distinction.
52. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
53. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
54. Small and compactly built upright piano.
55. Feel admiration for.
58. Treated with oil.
62. (combining form) Indicating radiation or radioactivity.
64. Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
65. A Finnish steam bath.
66. Either extremity of something that has length.
67. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
68. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
69. Submerged freshwater perennials.
71. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
73. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
74. In an ideal manner.
77. Take or catch as if in a snare or trap.
80. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
83. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
87. United States politician who proposed that individual territories be allowed to decide whether they would have slavery.
90. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
91. Used of a single unit or thing.
92. A city in central New York.
94. A kiln for drying hops.
95. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
96. The month following February and preceding April.
97. A tranquilizing drug (trade name Serax) used to treat anxiety and insomnia and alcohol withdrawal.
98. A recurring sleep state during which rapid eye movements do not occur and dreaming does not occur.
99. A young woman making her debut into society.
100. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
5. (Old Testament) The second wife of Jacob and mother of Joseph and Benjamin.
6. Short and fat.
7. The outer sole of a shoe or boot.
8. Italian chemist noted for work on polymers (1903-1979).
9. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
10. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
11. One millionth of a gram.
12. Of or relating to the palm of the hand.
13. Ice cream served with a topping.
14. A circumscribed inflammatory and often suppurating lesion on the skin or an internal mucous surface resulting in necrosis of tissue.
15. Appeal or request earnestly.
22. Provided with artificial light.
24. An island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf.
26. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
30. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
31. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
33. Pertaining to dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit.
34. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
35. A transaction in the stock market at a price below the price of the preceding transaction.
36. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
38. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
39. Lacking gonads.
40. Tired of the world.
41. Tropical American trees.
42. Someone who places an order to buy.
47. King of Saudi Arabia from 1964 to 1975 (1906-1975).
50. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
51. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
56. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
57. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
59. A Nilotic language.
60. An affix that is added at the end of the word.
61. (Greek mythology) An Athenian inventor who built the Labyrinth of Minos.
63. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
70. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
72. Type genus of the Hylidae.
75. (Norse mythology) The chief race of gods living at Asgard.
76. The act of pursuing.
78. The Fate who spins the thread of life.
79. A man who courts a woman.
81. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
82. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
84. A sudden short attack.
85. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
86. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
88. Duplicator that transmits the copy by wire or radio.
89. Your general store of remembered information.
93. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.