1. Of the blackest black.
4. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
9. Capital and largest city of Italy.
13. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
16. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
17. The mother-in-law of Ruth whose story is told in the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament.
18. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
19. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
20. A capacious bag or basket.
22. A streak of light in the sky at night that results when a meteoroid hits the earth's atmosphere and air friction causes the meteoroid to melt or vaporize or explode.
24. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
25. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
26. (chemistry) Relating to or containing an alkali.
28. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
29. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
30. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
31. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
37. An expression of open-mouthed astonishment.
40. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
44. (of language) Transparently clear.
45. A lump of hard consolidated mineral matter.
47. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
48. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
49. Not in good physical or mental health.
50. Give an education to.
52. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
53. A state in New England.
54. A custom among some peoples whereby the husband of a pregnant wife is put to bed at the time of bearing the child.
57. German mathematician who created the Klein bottle (1849-1925).
59. To declare or affirm as true.
61. Carved ornament at the eaves of a tile roof concealing the joints between tiles.
62. The basic unit of money in Peru.
63. Black tropical American cuckoo.
64. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
68. Canna grown especially for its edible rootstock from which arrowroot starch is obtained.
69. A public promotion of some product or service.
70. A light touch or stroke.
72. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
73. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
75. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
77. Any North American shrubby perennial herb of the genus Heliopsis having large yellow daisylike flowers.
83. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
86. Being two more than fifty.
87. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
89. The content of cognition.
92. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
93. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
94. Affording unobstructed entrance and exit.
95. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
96. Affected manners intended to impress others.
97. Used of a single unit or thing.
98. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
99. Largest known toad species.
100. The time during which someone's life continues.
1. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
2. A thermosetting resin.
3. Great in vertical dimension.
4. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
5. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
6. Norse chieftan who became the first duke of Normandy (860-931).
7. The square of a body of any size of type.
8. Rock that form the continuous lower layer of the earth's crust.
9. An unsaturated alcohol that occurs in marine fish-liver oils and is synthesized biologically from carotene.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
11. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
12. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
13. (British) System of signalling by hand signs used by bookmakers at racetracks.
14. American novelist (1909-1955).
15. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
21. Go ashore.
23. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
27. A member of an aboriginal people living in the hills in southeastern India.
29. The capital of the state of Maine.
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
34. Disengage the clutch of a car.
35. A language spoken by a Malaysian people on Formosa.
36. A hard green mineral consisting of sodium aluminum silicate in monoclinic crystalline form.
38. The region of northwestern Italy.
39. With the edge forward or on, by, or toward the edge.
41. Of or relating to the colon n.
42. An official list of chemicals or medicines etc..
43. A beckoning gesture.
46. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
51. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
55. Confirm the truth of.
56. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
58. Mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults.
60. British informal term.
65. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
66. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
67. A capacitance unit equal to one billion farads.
68. (British) System of signalling by hand signs used by bookmakers at racetracks.
71. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
74. Any plant of the genus Erica.
76. A genus of Platalea.
77. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
78. A city of central China.
79. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
80. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
81. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
82. Domesticated ox having a humped back and long horns and a large dewlap.
84. Open to or abounding in fresh air.
85. A caress with the lips.
88. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
90. 10 grams.
91. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).