1. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
4. The closing section of a musical composition.
8. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
12. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
16. A police officer who investigates crimes.
17. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
18. (statistics) Approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value.
19. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
20. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
21. Mixed with impurities.
23. Genus of tropical Asiatic and African plants.
24. A small cake leavened with yeast.
26. A member of the North American Indian people of the Pit river valley in northern California.
28. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
29. A decree that prohibits something.
31. Mimics literary or musical style for comic effect.
32. Any plant of the genus Episcia.
36. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
37. A cosmetic preparation used by women in Egypt and Arabia to darken the edges of their eyelids.
40. Capital and largest city of Italy.
41. The fourth month of the Hindu calendar.
45. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
46. Horned vipers.
48. Remove a bar from (a door, for example).
50. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
52. A wide scarf worn about their shoulders by women.
53. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
54. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
56. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
57. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
58. The month following March and preceding May.
59. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
61. A Hindu prince or king in India.
63. Right-hand page.
65. The peninsula and island in the Philippines where Japanese forces besieged American forces in World War II.
67. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
68. A skeletal muscle arising from the tibia.
69. A German art song of the 19th century for voice and piano.
70. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
72. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
73. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
75. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
78. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
79. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
80. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
83. Capital and largest city of the Ukraine.
85. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
88. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
89. Relieve oneself of troubling information.
93. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
94. Disgraceful gossip about the private lives of other people.
97. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
98. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
99. God of love and erotic desire.
100. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
102. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
103. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
104. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
105. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
106. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A thrusting blow with a knife.
2. A Russian river.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
5. A large group of islands in the south Pacific including Melanesia and Micronesia and Polynesia (and sometimes Australasia and the Malay Archipelago).
6. The state of owing money.
7. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
8. The ending of a series or sequence.
9. Old World woody vines.
10. A state in midwestern United States.
11. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
12. A city of northern Poland near the mouth of the Vistula River on a gulf of the Baltic Sea.
13. A great sacrifice.
14. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
15. An instance or single occasion for some event.
22. Of surpassing excellence.
25. A descent down a nearly vertical surface by using a doubled rope that is coiled around the body and attached to some higher point.
27. Any of various predatory carnivorous canine mammals of North America and Eurasia that usually hunt in packs.
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. Used especially of mail.
34. An imported person brought from a foreign country.
35. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
38. With gusto and without reservation.
39. A category in some early taxonomies.
42. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
43. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
44. Resin of the kauri trees of N Zealand.
47. Stalk of a moss capsule.
49. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
51. English philologist (1835-1912).
55. The smallest of the four main islands of Japan.
60. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
62. Lower in esteem.
64. Wearing or provided with clothing.
66. Someone whose business is advertising.
71. The Japanese art of folding paper into shapes representing objects (e.g., flowers or birds).
72. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
74. A state in northwestern North America.
76. Having or given a shade of color.
77. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
81. Of or relating to the kidneys.
82. A large number or amount.
84. A Russian river.
86. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
87. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
90. The granite-like rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust.
91. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
92. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
95. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
96. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
101. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.