1. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
4. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
9. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
13. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
16. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
17. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
18. By bad luck.
19. The cause or intention underlying an action or situation esp in the phrase "the whys and wherefores".
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
23. Related by common characteristics or ancestry.
25. A unit of resistance equal to one million ohms.
27. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
29. German chemist who did research on high-speed chemical reactions (born in 1927).
30. Belief in a kind of sorcery that originated in Africa and is practiced in the West Indies.
31. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
33. Unknown god.
34. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
36. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
37. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
40. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
42. One thousandth of a second.
46. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
48. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
51. Make an etching of.
52. Crustaceans characteristically having five pairs of locomotor appendages each joined to a segment of the thorax.
56. An established ceremony prescribed by a religion.
57. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
58. Relating to or resembling or made of or adorned with pearls or mother-of-pearl.
59. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
60. The yield from plants in a single growing season.
61. Italian painter and son of Fra Filippo Lippi (1457-1504).
63. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
64. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
66. Reflecting light.
68. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
71. Growing old.
73. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
74. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
75. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
76. Type genus of the Noctuidae.
80. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
85. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
88. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
90. English monk and scholar (672-735).
94. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
98. A bachelor's degree in theology.
99. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
100. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
102. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
103. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
104. become turned or set on end.
105. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
106. Worthless or oversimplified ideas.
1. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
2. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
3. (psychoanalysis) An idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood.
4. Leaf fibers of the raffia palm tree.
5. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
6. Food of a ruminant regurgitated to be chewed again.
7. Small genus of aquatic or semiaquatic plants.
8. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
9. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
10. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
11. The cry made by sheep.
12. In a state of sleep.
13. Small branch or division of a branch.
14. Toward the inside of the cheek.
15. A major victory by the Romans over the Macedonians in 168 BC.
22. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
24. Freedom to deviate deliberately from normally applicable rules or practices (especially in behavior or speech).
26. The wood of an African obeche tree.
28. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
32. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
35. Type genus of the Ustilaginaceae.
38. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
39. The mechanical process of wearing or grinding something down (as by particles washing over it).
41. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
43. (anatomy) Exhibiting ectopia.
44. The sixth month of the civil year.
45. South American herb with sticky glandular foliage.
47. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
49. Accomplishment of an objective.
50. Scottish geneticist (son of John Haldane) who contributed to the development of population genetics.
53. A message written in a secret code.
54. Very light colored.
55. The capital of Western Samoa.
62. 100 pyas equal 1 kyat.
65. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
67. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
69. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
70. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
72. A user interface based on graphics (icons and pictures and menus) instead of text.
77. A public promotion of some product or service.
78. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
79. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
81. Lower in esteem.
82. A hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair.
83. Jordan's port.
84. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
86. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
87. A small cake leavened with yeast.
89. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
91. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
92. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
93. On, to, or at the top.
95. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
96. The sound made by a gentle blow.
97. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
101. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.