1. A unit of pressure.
4. Praise, glorify, or honor.
9. The highest level or degree attainable.
13. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
16. A unit of pressure.
17. Tropical Asian starlings.
18. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
19. A human limb.
20. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
21. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
22. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
23. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
24. Any plant of the genus Eryngium.
26. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
29. (of wood) Have a pattern from the grain of a tree burl.
30. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
32. A sharp narrow ridge found in rugged mountains.
34. State in northeastern India.
36. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
40. Informal terms for a mother.
41. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
43. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
44. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. A long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening.
47. The part of the eye that contains the iris and ciliary body and choroid.
49. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
52. A heathen (especially a Muslim).
54. A strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared.
55. A military officer appointed from enlisted personnel.
58. A feeling of self-respect and personal worth.
59. (prefix) Between or among or in the midst of.
61. Before noon.
62. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
63. Of inferior or mixed breed.
64. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
65. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
67. Earlier a god.
69. Cassava with long tuberous edible roots and soft brittle stems.
74. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
75. A woodworker who joins pieces of wood with a splice.
77. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
79. An intellectual (who is bald?).
82. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
84. Tag the base runner to get him out.
85. A contorted facial expression.
86. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
88. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
92. Avatar of Vishnu.
93. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
96. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
97. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
98. A relative position or degree of value in a graded group.
99. Make anew.
101. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
102. A Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer.
103. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
104. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
105. Take in solid food.
1. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
2. Indicating the most important performer or role.
3. Take in, also metaphorically.
4. Someone who leaves one country to settle in another.
5. A colorless flammable volatile liquid hydrocarbon used as a solvent.
6. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
7. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
8. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
9. A genus of fern sometimes placed in its own family Azollaceae.
10. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
11. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
12. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
13. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
14. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
15. A city in northern India.
25. A whimsically eccentric person.
27. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
28. One who suffers for the sake of principle.
31. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
33. A battle between the French and an alliance of Spaniards and Swiss and Venetians in 1512.
35. The act of scanning.
37. The brightest star in the sky.
38. On or outside the dura mater.
39. A light brown raw cane sugar from Guyana.
42. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
45. A person forced to flee from home or country.
48. To come or go into.
50. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
51. A family of Amerindian languages spoken in Washington and British Columbia.
53. The capital of Western Samoa.
56. Grown for its thickened edible aromatic root.
57. (physics) Of or pertaining to a meson.
60. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
66. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
68. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
70. (Old Testament) The son of Abraham who was cast out after the birth of Isaac.
71. Cause to be more favorably inclined.
72. Of visual imagery of almost photographic accuracy.
73. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
74. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
76. Seed of a pea plant.
78. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
80. Any of various juicy purple- or green-skinned fruit of the genus Vitis.
81. The 3rd letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
83. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
87. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
89. Any competition.
90. A Loloish language.
91. Anything that serves as an enticement.
94. A police officer who investigates crimes.
95. A human limb.
100. A Russian river.