1. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
4. (prefix) Outside or outer.
8. An Indian unit of length having different values in different localities.
12. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
18. Using speech rather than writing.
19. A carriage consisting of two wheels and calash top.
20. Made ready or fit or suitable beforehand.
22. A narrow way or road.
23. Not agitated.
24. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
25. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
28. Red Bordeaux wine from the Medoc district of southwestern France.
30. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
32. United States publisher of magazines (1898-1967).
35. Fabric comprising a fitted part at the top of a garment.
37. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
41. Type genus of the Anatidae.
42. United States space station.
44. Mother goddess.
45. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. Any of various widely distributed beetles.
49. The act of catching an object with the hands.
50. A syntactic string that forms a part of some larger syntactic unit.
53. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
54. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
56. An empire in South Asia created by Cyrus the Great in the 6th century BC and destroyed by Alexander the Great in the 4th century BC.
57. An animal trainer who tames wild animals.
59. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
61. An island in the southern Mariana Islands that is the administrative center of the United States Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands.
62. Complacently or inanely foolish.
63. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
64. Any of the forms of Chinese spoken in Fukien province.
66. Long-tailed brilliantly colored parrot of Central and South America.
68. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
71. A stronghold into which people could go for shelter during a battle.
74. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
76. Away from the mouth or oral region.
80. (used with singular count nouns) Colloquial for `not a' or `not one' or `never a'.
81. The official of a synagogue who conducts the liturgical part of the service and sings or chants the prayers intended to be performed as solos.
83. A crystalline amino acid that occurs in many proteins.
85. A town in north central Oklahoma.
88. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
89. Erect densely branched shrubby perennials of Old World tropics.
90. A French marshal who distinguished himself in the War of the Austrian Succession (1696-1750).
91. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
92. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
94. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
96. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
97. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
98. A virtually extinct Caucasian language spoken exclusively in Turkey.
99. Deeply moved.
100. An awkward stupid person.
1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
2. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
3. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
4. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
5. Having the color of caramel.
6. The subject matter of a conversation or discussion.
7. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
8. Suffering from excessive gas in the alimentary canal.
9. Toward the mouth or oral region.
10. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
11. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
12. An act of scaling by the use of ladders (especially the walls of a fortification).
13. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
14. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
15. A song of praise (to God or to a saint or to a nation).
21. Fleshy tawny or reddish saprophytic herb resembling the Indian pipe and growing in woodland humus of eastern North America.
26. A copy of a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together).
27. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
29. Difficult or labored respiration.
31. A small cake leavened with yeast.
33. Not ended.
34. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
36. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
38. Abnormal dryness of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eyes.
39. Your basis for belief or disbelief.
40. Of or relating to the stars or constellations.
43. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
46. Of or relating to the Gypsies or their language or culture.
48. Tree of low-lying coastal areas of southeastern United States having glossy leaves and racemes of fragrant white flowers.
51. Thin and fit.
52. City in central Iran.
55. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
58. The brightest star in Scorpius.
60. A native of ancient Troy.
65. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
67. Crisp apple with dark red skin.
69. A shop where a variety of goods are sold.
70. A person of Polish descent.
72. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
73. Generator consisting of a coil (the armature) that rotates between the poles of an electromagnet (the field magnet) causing a current to flow in the armature.
74. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
75. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
77. Leaves of the tobacco plant dried and prepared for smoking or ingestion.
78. A Hindu prince or king in India.
79. The basic unit of money in Yemen.
82. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
84. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
86. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
87. (British colloquialism) An excavation.
93. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
95. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
96. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.