1. A unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit at one atmosphere pressure.
4. A projecting ridge on a mountain or submerged under water.
9. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
13. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
16. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
17. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
18. Beyond what is natural.
19. Relating to or containing the azo radical.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
22. (grammar) An expression including a subject and predicate but not constituting a complete sentence.
24. State in northeastern India.
26. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
28. An enclosed armored military vehicle.
30. (dentistry) A filling consisting of a solid substance (as gold or porcelain) fitted to a cavity in a tooth and cemented into place.
32. A Mid-Atlantic state.
34. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
36. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
39. Imperial moths.
41. Type genus of the Bramidae.
44. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
48. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
49. A public promotion of some product or service.
50. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
52. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
55. The fourth or lowest deck.
56. A baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style.
58. Wearing a small hairpiece to cover partial baldness.
60. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
61. A Loloish language.
62. Any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc..
65. A European river.
67. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
70. The Muskhogean language of the Choctaw people.
74. Largest known toad species.
77. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
79. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
83. Qualities that attract by seeming to promise some kind of reward.
86. Punished by the imposition of a penalty.
87. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
89. (informal) A very large profit.
91. A three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides.
92. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
93. Soft creamy white cheese.
95. Roman Emperor notorious for his monstrous vice and fantastic luxury (was said to have started a fire that destroyed much of Rome in 64) but the Empire remained prosperous during his rule (37-68).
96. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
97. Distant but within sight.
98. A large number or amount.
99. Taken or to be taken at random.
100. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
2. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
3. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
4. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
5. The square of a body of any size of type.
6. A metrical unit with stressed-unstressed-unstressed syllables.
7. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
8. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
9. A vehicle carrying many passengers.
10. Used of a single unit or thing.
11. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
12. Find repugnant.
13. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
14. United States conductor (born in Japan in 1935).
15. Relating to or characteristic of people of Rome.
21. A strong paper or thin cardboard with a smooth light brown finish made from e.g. Manila hemp.
23. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
25. Conforming to or constituting a standard of measurement or value.
27. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
29. The month following September and preceding November.
31. An associate degree in applied science.
33. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
35. A gathering of passengers sufficient to fill an automobile.
37. A Spanish river.
38. The third compartment of the stomach of a ruminant.
40. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
42. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
43. An adjective used as a noun.
45. The sign language used in the United States.
46. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
47. Wool of the alpaca.
51. A white native of Cape Province who is a descendant of Dutch settlers and who speaks Afrikaans.
53. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
54. Spring-loaded doorlock that can only be opened from the outside with a key.
57. Enchanter's nightshade.
59. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
63. (British) Property that provides tax income for local governments.
64. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
66. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
68. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
69. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
70. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
71. On or toward the lee.
72. A resident of Maine.
73. An awkward stupid person.
75. The excrement of sea birds.
76. Relating to or concerned with a city or densely populated area.
78. A loud resonant repeating noise.
80. Frogs, toads, tree toads.
81. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
82. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
84. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
85. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
88. The compass point that is one point west of due north.
90. A numbered compartment in a post office where mail is put to be called for.
91. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
94. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.