1. A crosspiece between the legs of a chair.
5. Scottish writer of rustic verse (1770-1835).
9. Someone regarded as eccentric or crazy and standing out from a group.
13. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
16. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
17. Starch resembling sago that is obtained from cuckoopint root.
18. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
19. Take in solid food.
20. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
21. Clean or orderly.
22. Swiss hotelier who created a chain of elegant hotels (1850-1918).
23. Make amends for.
24. Sect of Orthodox Jews who follow the Mosaic Law strictly.
26. Affectedly modest or shy especially in a playful or provocative way.
27. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
29. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
30. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
32. A short descriptive poem of rural or pastoral life.
36. Another word for chromium when it is used in dyes or pigments v 1.
40. Radish of Japan with a long hard durable root eaten raw or cooked.
45. Using speech rather than writing.
46. The quantity that can be held in a mug.
48. United States physicist (born in Germany) noted for research in astrophysics and nuclear physics (born 1906).
49. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
53. Adopted in order to deceive.
54. Remaining after all deductions.
55. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
56. The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999).
58. A strong emotion.
59. Tranquilizer and antidepressant (trade name Triavil) sometimes used as an antiemetic for adults.
61. (Arthurian legend) The battlefield where King Arthur was mortally wounded.
63. Utter a high-pitched cry, characteristic of pigs.
64. So exceedingly large or extensive as to suggest a giant or mammoth.
67. Barely perceptible.
68. Be in contradiction with.
70. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
71. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
73. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
74. Someone who prefers negotiations to armed conflict in the conduct of foreign relations.
78. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
80. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
83. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
84. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
88. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
92. The basic unit of money in Albania.
93. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
94. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
96. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
97. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
98. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
99. A small cake leavened with yeast.
100. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. A training program to prepare college students to be commissioned officers.
2. A state in the western United States.
3. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
4. Large South African oryx with a broad black band along its flanks.
5. A firearm that is held and fired with one hand.
6. Alloy of copper and tin and zinc.
7. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
8. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
9. A member of a North American Indian people of the Klamath river valley in northern California.
10. A member of a people in India living in Orissa and neighboring areas.
11. The month following September and preceding November.
12. A member of a Muslim Turkic people of western Asia (especially in Kazakstan).
13. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
14. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
15. (Greek mythology) A river in Hades across which Charon carried dead souls.
25. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
28. A self-governing colony of Denmark on the Faroe Islands.
31. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
33. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
34. Having abundant light or illumination.
35. Obtained from various tropical plants.
37. A shrubby perennial rhizomatous evergreen herb.
38. A great rani.
39. Violent or severe weather (viewed as caused by the action of the four elements).
41. A large area of land preserved in its natural state as public property.
42. Socially incorrect in behavior.
43. A warning against certain acts.
44. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
47. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
50. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
51. A Ukrainian peninsula between the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
52. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
57. An awkward stupid person.
60. Type genus of the Corixidae.
62. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
65. Of or relating to or characteristic of Monaco or its people.
66. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
69. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
72. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
75. A military trainee (as at a military academy).
76. Any plant of the genus Erica.
77. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
79. Jordan's port.
81. In bed.
82. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
85. Any thick messy substance.
86. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
87. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
89. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
90. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
91. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
95. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.