1. A block of solid substance (such as soap or wax).
5. A primeval personification of air and breath.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
16. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
17. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
18. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
19. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
20. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a relatively small set of computer instructions that it can perform.
21. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
22. The members of a male religious order.
24. Small tree native to the eastern United States having oblong leaves and fleshy fruit.
26. A genus of Paridae.
27. Noisy talk.
28. By bad luck.
30. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
31. The capital and largest city of Venezuela.
34. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
38. A tributary of the Rhine.
42. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Lodine).
44. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
45. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
46. The central area of a church.
47. Large long-winged warm-water seabird having a large bill with a distensible pouch for fish.
48. A small rounded gland-like structure.
49. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
51. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
52. An honorary degree in science.
53. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
55. New Zealand conifer.
59. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
62. An occurrence of thorough mixing.
63. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
64. National capital of Kiribati.
65. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
68. Covered with or as if with a glossy and usually brightly colored coating.
72. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
73. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
74. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
75. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
77. Cause to change.
80. Argue or speak in defense of.
84. (Phoenician and Philistine) God of agriculture and the earth.
88. The capital and largest city of Iran.
90. Characteristic of maturity.
92. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
93. Black tropical American cuckoo.
94. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
96. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
97. A notable achievement.
98. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
99. Very dark black.
100. Suggestive of or tending to moral looseness.
101. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. The lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed.
2. An elaborate song for solo voice.
3. Azerbaijani chess master who became world champion in 1985 by defeating Anatoli Karpov (born in 1963).
4. An act of scaling by the use of ladders (especially the walls of a fortification).
5. Of southern Europe.
6. One thousandth of a second.
7. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
8. Be in contradiction with.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
11. Subjected to a physical (or chemical) treatment or action or agent.
12. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
13. A three-tone Chadic language.
14. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
15. A coil of rope or wool or yarn.
23. Submersed plant with whorled lanceolate leaves and solitary axillary flowers.
25. A city in east central Texas.
29. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
32. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
33. A branch of the Tai languages.
35. Leave voluntarily.
36. Resoluteness by virtue of being unyielding and inflexible.
37. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
39. Fiddler crabs.
40. A railing at the side of a staircase or balcony to prevent people from falling.
41. English poet and painter who was a leader of the Pre-Raphaelites (1828-1882).
43. An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
50. Widely distributed low-growing Eurasian herb having narrow leaves and inconspicuous green flowers.
54. A person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud.
56. Any high mountain.
57. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
58. (informal) Exceptionally good.
60. Winter aconite.
61. Young of domestic cattle.
66. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
67. A state of Uganda and site of a former Bantu kingdom.
68. A three-tone Chadic language.
69. A doctor's degree in education.
70. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
71. Of or relating to a fetus.
72. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
76. A public promotion of some product or service.
78. A Russian river.
79. Any competition.
81. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
82. The warhead of a missile designed to deliver an atom bomb.
83. A gully that is shallower than a ravine.
85. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
86. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
87. A quantity of no importance.
89. Tag the base runner to get him out.
91. Either extremity of something that has length.
95. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.